The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25~26~27~28 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2358 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Here are links that you can use/

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/


http://www.gaussboys.com/
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2009-11-25 07:33, lunatik wrote:
Man, if they could get Alone's receiver down to the size of Proximity's, that would be awesome!!


agreed! However the size isn't so much an issue as I own solstice and I really do not have an issue with it. My only thoughts are why it uses two "somethings". Solstice has 5 z****s and it only uses one.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Mike,

Good Question!

The two somethings as opposed to one something were used mainly for the real time psychic guide routine & other routines of that nature. Because you own solstice you will understand that switching from being directed left to being direct right with solstice is not as easy as you have a delay (so to speak), with ALONE everything is happening in real time.

Add to this the fact that it is far easier to tell left from right, up from down, yes from no etc with ALONE as you are not getting mixed up with the b*** count (hope that makes sense).

ALONE offers a much more organic package than solstice although solstice is great too. Don't forget that ALONE allows you to think a little bit more outside the cards (outside the box ;o) as the unit is mobile unlike Solstice.

Hope that answered your question???

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Matt!

You answered it perfectly and now makes sense. I was so confused about that but I knew there had to be some great explanation. I just couldn't figure it out. Smile

thanks for answering the question. Now I'm on the fence again (only b/c I have Solstice) Smile

mike Smile
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
The left and right thing does makes it really easy to sense.

There is some great thinking behind Alone. So many possibilities...
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
I live inside your computer.
1243 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On 2009-11-13 18:20, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 14:48, kissdadookie wrote:
MagicFreak2, I would ask you to consider another hobby.


Not this again...

I merely think of those things, and lament that magic wasn't, well magic. I already know (dont we all), that mentalism can never reach that stage.

I read a lot of your posts and just want to say that being a perfectionist is noble. However, you don't need the method to the magic to feel real to you. You need the essence of the magic to feel real to your audience... which is best accomplished by not lamenting over the fact that there is a "method" to achieve each feat.

I will never forget a post I read on here that described a story where a member asked a friend what he thought real mind reading would look like, and he said, "I would think of something, write it down, and the person would read my mind."

Don't dwell on method "alone."
Jeff Travilla - Author of "The Extractor." I work in advertising and marketing now. If you are a professional worker and need marketing help, feel free to contact my company. JCM Media Group.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 01:25, pearljamjeff wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-13 18:20, magicFreak2 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-12 14:48, kissdadookie wrote:
MagicFreak2, I would ask you to consider another hobby.


Not this again...

I merely think of those things, and lament that magic wasn't, well magic. I already know (dont we all), that mentalism can never reach that stage.

I read a lot of your posts and just want to say that being a perfectionist is noble. However, you don't need the method to the magic to feel real to you. You need the essence of the magic to feel real to your audience... which is best accomplished by not lamenting over the fact that there is a "method" to achieve each feat.

I will never forget a post I read on here that described a story where a member asked a friend what he thought real mind reading would look like, and he said, "I would think of something, write it down, and the person would read my mind."

Don't dwell on method "alone."


That is very interesting. I myself have never asked anyone what they would think real mind reading would look like.

Ofcourse after some brainstorming I am almost positive that you can't do that with Alone. I'll have to find some other instant impression device. Took me a while to put two and two together on the card revelation, but then suddenly it hit me like a load of bricks, and I was just "Oh. So that's why he does that."

I'm not positive as to the ring, but I have a very good speculation, and that effect itself wasn't as interesting to me vs. writing something on a paper and reading their mind. Still its an ingenious idea.
mentalmagic101
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of mentalmagic101
Not a big fan of this and would rather use traditional methods to achive the end result.
But if you are into short cutting traditional methods or you just don't have the skill to achieve this in other ways then go for it.

MM
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2066 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 12:06, mentalmagic101 wrote:
Not a big fan of this and would rather use traditional methods to achive the end result.
But if you are into short cutting traditional methods or you just don't have the skill to achieve this in other ways then go for it.

MM


Does that view extend to say, using billet switching devices rather than slight of hand methods? What if the switching device uses a battery? If you view the use of electronics as a substitute for skill, then you are missing a very important performance principle: If using an electronic device can not provide you with a significant THEATRICAL improvement over other methods then it makes absolutely no sense to use electronics. However, as David Berglas and other major contributors to our art have pointed out, if theatrical advantage is gained then it makes perfect sense.

All the best,

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 13:20, willowtaylor wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 12:06, mentalmagic101 wrote:
Not a big fan of this and would rather use traditional methods to achive the end result.
But if you are into short cutting traditional methods or you just don't have the skill to achieve this in other ways then go for it.

MM


Does that view extend to say, using billet switching devices rather than slight of hand methods? What if the switching device uses a battery? If you view the use of electronics as a substitute for skill, then you are missing a very important performance principle: If using an electronic device can not provide you with a significant THEATRICAL improvement over other methods then it makes absolutely no sense to use electronics. However, as David Berglas and other major contributors to our art have pointed out, if theatrical advantage is gained then it makes perfect sense.

All the best,

Christopher


That is exactly my opinion on the matter. I love using gimmicks simply for the fact that they provide a technical advantage, no matter how small or larger.

Therein, however there can be a bit of an obsession xD I would rather have a gimmicked book test then use the Hoy book test simply because the gimmicked one is cooler, being gimmicked, even if Hoy's method might work the same or better for all intents and purposes. "I chose two books, I told him where to stop, and then read a word. He read my mind" is what most people think.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3647 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You know a Hoy book test with ungimmicked books??? Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I don't have Alone but a close friend of mine does. This is a wonderful impromptu system for gaining information in the fairest way. There are so many presentations possible.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
Mr.Taylor is Good Service. He Responbility about his item. I Like work with Him.
Mr.Matthew Genius about ALONE Effect. congrats. Is like Impromptu system with technology. I Like Alone , My 2 Item Alone Arrived last day . Thanks Mr.Taylor. And SOLD OUT this day. Is Great Invention wow !!!!!!!. I will wait next effect thanks
borjuist
View Profile
New user
INA
52 Posts

Profile of borjuist
I just received my Alone today, and so far... I love it. really love it!! Very easy to do and many ideas will born in your minds, SUPER and SMALL!!. and now, many magic trick on my wishlist has been canceled because I just need ALONE.

Best,

RR
borjuist
View Profile
New user
INA
52 Posts

Profile of borjuist
Well, because I just need ALONE!!! my assistant QUIT two days ago...DUH
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thank you one and all for your input and reviews of this product. It's pages like this that really help me decide on whether to purchase or not!
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 14:55, JanForster wrote:
You know a Hoy book test with ungimmicked books??? Jan


You don't? I forget where I got mine, but this should be it:

http://www.trickshop.com/book_tests.html Its really the cleverest method for an impromptu book test.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2358 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
If you are looking for a great way to carry and use this, check out the forum.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
938 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Um what forum?
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
938 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
My Alone should arrive next week, I can't wait.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25~26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL