The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23..26~27~28 [Next]
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Not quite.

Its different in the way that the "*****" is not in the pad. This is why the PEN is very important.
I will let things unfold naturally without commenting anymore.

(sits back in his chair and laughs )

Gerard
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
Anyone who knows me and who will be attending one of Christopher's lectures, can you please get in touch with me!

Cheers guys,
Col.
Epiphanies by C. - Now available - http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 18:05, Mystical Matthew wrote:

I really hope that I'm proven wrong, but right now I really believe I can accomplish any effect possible with this thing just as well or better with my Child's Play...

Demo #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0BKW2QEadE

mystical: can you do this with your child's play or you have been proven wrong ??

I wonder
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, Gerard, the PEN is always important... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2009-09-15 19:18, JanForster wrote:
Yes, Gerard, the PEN is always important... Jan

Is it? I thought that the RUBBER BAND was...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Paolo, that was funny (or supposed to be), but you might not believe it that I'm not an idiot. I am not here to guess. For sure - as always with Christopher - this will be an excellent product. I own and use several. I just made a suggestion (see above) which makes IMHO quite sense... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-15 20:32, JanForster wrote:
Paolo, that was funny (or supposed to be), but you might not believe it that I'm not an idiot. I

No, no...You don't get it.

I really thought the rubber band was important...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3827 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I think the length of time it goes off facilitates the p-reading type of use. Think about it, in the second demo, let's say the spec just waits for the entire range of options to be named off and then makes a selection, just detecting when no long applies. The length and times it goes off now comes into play. Very simple technology being applied in a very devious way. So yes, this will probably work in that fashion as one would use auditory p-reading. Smile Let me make it simpler, it appears that as long as a person is writing something, you're going to sense it, which is quite brilliant and works as a pretty good "impression" (though that is not what it is) device for simple divinations. If it's not and just a simple matter of "when" then I would truly hope not since the other way works a bit better for this kind of application.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Point of order people: We are not there yet but we seem to be heading into specifics as to how this may or may not function, on an open forum. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3827 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Apologies for the speculation, I was just trying to make my original point, this would probably not replace or take place of Mr. Taylor's pad since with his pad you have the advantage of knowing "WHICH" thing is being selected from a list of multiple options and you would also know the sequence in which things are selected. In other words, they both have their place for use and the overlap really isn't there.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Christopher,

I still think that the rubber band acts as a descrambler unit through some miniaturized biphasic oscillator...

And because you did not come out to deny this... I say "GOTCHA!" Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3827 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
On second thought, I think Jan was on the money Smile Though I don't believe that this would replace the Solstice Smile Can not wait to see what other clever uses there are for this thing.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2009-09-15 21:22, kissdadookie wrote:
On second thought, I think Jan was on the money Smile Though I don't believe that this would replace the Solstice Smile Can not wait to see what other clever uses there are for this thing.

No, I was not on the money... and I do not think of replacements... I was only suggesting whether it would be possible to make things compatible... how many pens or receivers we like to carry around? I fly often and was trying to think practical. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Jan: It's a good point. The Alone pen can be used for Solstice but not the other way around. The Alone receiver can be used for Eclipse but not the other way around. The Alone and Solstice receivers can not be exchanged at all. Got all that?

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
After viewing the first demo video I thought I knew a bit too much - I thought I was too smart. But after seeing the second video I realized I was totally wrong . . . I knew nothing.

Looking forward to know what else can this little baby do.

ALONE! seems to be a winner, all by itself - ALONE!

Smile
P.S. Matt & Christopher, Good thinking! Weldone!!
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Ustaad: Hi praise indeed. Thank you.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of doktorp
Hi Christopher
I own Eclipse and I love it. It works perfectly. Can I use Eclipse and Alone at the same time? I mean, can they both be "on" at the same time, without causing problems?
Thank you
Patrick
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Christopher, thanks for your informations and clarification. That is exactly what I wanted to know (for practical reasons only). I will be in with it. Will Alakazam over here in Europe also offer a pre-order option? Thanks and cheers, Jan.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Patrick: Yes, that will be no problem. You can use the Alone Receiver for both.

Jan: Alakazam will be carrying Alone, but I don't know when yet.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi All,

I just wanted to drop by & say thank you to everyone for your private PM's, pre orders & kind words, Christopher & I appreciate all of your input & thoughts. Glad you are enjoying the ride so far, there is still lots more to come!

Matt Johnson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23..26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL