The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27~28 [Next]
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks to Dave I should be getting Alone sometime this week. I was able to find a second hand one. I would be very intersted in the expansion pack as well. I'm looking forward to this one!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
890 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I think Martin Adams should include some of his ideas.
I would be very interested in as the combination with
a index allows for much more impact!

all the best
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Thank you ArtIn nice to hear it! Smile I'm sure now you have countless ideas how to combine Alone and Succubus.

Back to Alone Smile I can't wait for the expansion pack I use Alone every day and it's awesome!!!

Best,
Martin
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2360 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Maybe Chris will include my idea for the instant setup and go,
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
If you're not familiar with Dave's set up it's pretty sweet.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
949 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Dave thanks for the easy to follow set up directions on the foru
I used ur set up method today. Worked very well!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2360 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Glad you liked it, I am fine tuning it with help from others who have it and I will post it soon.
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Everyone & Happy New Year to you all. I hope you did not spend it ALONE ;o)

OK, first I will start with a list of the contributors on the upcoming expansion pack for ALONE:

Mozique
John Archer
Patrick G Redford
Tony Chris
Ben Williams

& of course Christopher Taylor, oh & some guy called Matthew Johnson?

Both Christopher & I are very excited about the routines & ideas presented on this DVD. We both have our favorites from the contributors & our favorites are different which means you are virtually guaranteed to get great stuff you can use.

Although we have enough material to fill 2 DVD's the expansion pack will be on one DVD with supplies & gimmicks included that you can use along with your ALONE unit.

Now here is the exciting part, we will be leaving space on the DVD for one more routine & that is where the Café members come in. We are going to be offering one lucky Café member the opportunity to have their own routine featured on the ALONE expansion pack along with some great names in magic.

So how is this going to work?

Well, we will start work on the expansion pack in about 2 weeks so for the next couple of weeks we are asking Café members interested in being featured on the expansion pack to post a brief outline of a routine idea right here on the thread. The routine idea should be a brief "Here is what I would do with ALONE!" type of post. We do not want you to expose any methods on this open forum.

The idea of getting you to post a brief description of your effect here is so that other members interested in entering this competition (of sorts) do not recreate the same idea (hope that makes sense).

We will privately PM those members whose routines we like the sound of the most for more specific information. We will then choose the winner from a shortlist & announce the winner here in a couple of weeks.

The winner will get a free expansion pack & their routine with full credit will be explained by Christopher & myself on the DVD.

Please understand that we do not need extra material to fill our DVD & are actually leaving out other contributions & ideas in order to offer a Café member this opportunity.

So there it is! Good luck & may the best idea win!

Matt Johnson
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2123 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Matt left Mark Thorold off the list of contributors. He contributed a fantastic "Confabulation" routine.

Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Christopher you are quite right!

I feel I should apologize in advance to Mark as his idea is fantastic & his name should have been mentioned. Here is the updated list of contributors to date:

Mark Thorold
Mozique
John Archer
Patrick G Redford
Tony Chris
Ben Williams

OK, I feel better now & consider my wrist well & truly slapped :o)

Matt Johnson
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
This is great guys! I bought mine from a member here and I'm hoping to get it in time for routine ideas. This is exciting. Smile

mike Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
632 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
This is amazing guys. I will be definitely picking this up! I love what you have done with the video releases. I love the card prediction with the back turned!
Like Star Wars? Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift"
http://www.mattsconce.com/the-gift/

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Further to your post Matt. The Cleanest CROSSROADS Ever Smile Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
"Here is what I would do with ALONE!"

I would take different object like nail, ring, coin, ect.
Ask the spectator to put all the objects in their pocket.
I would than ask them to hold one object in their pocket
like this they cant see it and I cant see it. Than you reveal each objects one by one
If it is not possible with alone let me know. Just purchased alone but did not
yet arrive

Paul.W
From Israel
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2123 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
PWRIS: I've PMed you.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
949 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Anyone considering buying this device or any device from Christopher and Matt will be in for a real treat. I am loving my ALONE. The device is amazing. I had a few problems with it a few times and emailed Christopher and not ten minutes go by I received a very helpful email back, and all problems are solved. Christopher has the best customer service I have ever seen! Anyone who performs mentalism/magic can benefit from this device. Just yesterday I booked my new gig at a local restaurant by using this. I asked the owner who had magicians work for him before if he was interested in having me perform. He said, "I've had magic performers here before." I told him, "the magic I do is a little different then the magicians you have had before" I pulled out my business cards and pen and asked him to think of any playing card in his mind. The reaction was exactly like the girl in matt's demo, except I now am performing twice a week....what an investment.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Voodoo Touches:

A vodoo effect where the spectator experiences the power of delivering pk touches.

You build the routine up by talking about the power of voodoo. You state if you concentrate enough you might be able to experience its power. You show your stack of business cards and explain the cards are divided in perfect halves by the rubber band. You explain the left side represents the left side of the magician’s body. The right side represents the right side of the body. You now instruct the spectator to write down parts of your left body. Let's say we write left shoulder, arm, leg, foot. Now we do the same for the right side. Shoulder, arm, leg, foot.

Now instruct the spectator to test their belief. Instruct them to start with the shoulders and scribble either the left or right shoulder out. Say, “When you scratch it try to feel the power of sending me the touch.” You reveal the correct shoulder by saying ouch and rubbing the shoulder they selected. (at this point you can be blind folded or just turned away). You state, well that's a 50/50 chance let's try it again but this time with the foot. You repeat showing pain each time with the one she selects. You can save the arm for the end and say, "for the last one I want you to choose the type of pain you want to send. It can be a burn, knife stab, pinch, etc." Let's say she says a burn. When she scribbles out the right arm, you roll up your sleeve to show ashes on your forearm. If she says anything else you can quickly write with a spirit writer or NW the word on the arm she selects.

I do not own real ghost but I can see this as a perfect add on as the spec sends the signal to another spec. The magician is totally hands off.

Hope you like it.

Mike Smile
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Mike - I like it very much!
JJS
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
^^^ Thank you! Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2360 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Mikes voodoo is awesome, I'm going to try it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » New from Taylor Imagineering: ALONE! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27~28 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.74 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL