The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Daniels urges Derren to get one number wrong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Ehm... weird behaviour Mr. Daniels... don't do that
newscred.com
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Daniels told the Guardian today: "He could get it exactly right ... [but] it is much better for a mentalist if he gets one wrong. It is more believable."

*slaps hand against forehead*

-rob
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I know what you mean, Rob!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
AnDraíodóir
View Profile
New user
Ireland
89 Posts

Profile of AnDraíodóir
*double facepalm*
Philip Ryan

"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know" -Socrates
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
964 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
They all want a piece of the pie....
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Good lord...how professional...

Nathan
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Paul Daniels is right of course. Only wish he hadn't said it publicly; nevertheless, it does help build suspense and hype Derren's prediction.
Dick Christian
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 20:22, Dick Christian wrote:
Paul Daniels is right of course. Only wish he hadn't said it publicly; nevertheless, it does help build suspense and hype Derren's prediction.

Paul was right if Derren wasn't going to explain how he did it.

If Derren was going to leave it to everyones imagination, then missing one would have been cool!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Paul's comment has the potential to do more damage than any exposure Derren might do on Friday night. Shame.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How the heck would you know that?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I don't. Which is why I said...

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 20:44, Guerrilla Magic wrote:
Paul's comment has the potential to do more damage than any exposure Derren might do on Friday night.

However, Paul has just revealed a classic mentalism technique. A ruse, if you like. In my opinion, these techniques are far more valuable than any secret method used to achieve an effect.

Cheers,

Chris
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You missed the entire point ...

How do you know what Derren will or will not expose is worse than Paul's?

Your "Idol Worship" is showing Smile
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Ummmm...haven't we already covered this Dave?

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 20:44, Guerrilla Magic wrote:
...potential...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
NOPE!!!!

You are assuming to know the effect that DB will have on the mentalist community even before he does it.
(His explanation or exposure)

So unless you have Super Powers ... you are Blowing Smoke!
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 21:42, Psychic Samurai wrote:
NOPE!!!!

You are assuming to know the effect that DB will have on the mentalist community even before he does it.
(His explanation or exposure)

So unless you have Super Powers ... you are Blowing Smoke!

I suggest you read back over my posts Dave, and perhaps look up the word "potential" in a dictionary. I do not assume to know how Derren achieved this effect, nor did I state for certain that it will be more or less damaging. I stated that Paul's comments had the potential to be more damaging. My first post expressed my opinion, which I am entitled to express, and I don't particularly appreciate you flaming me for no apparent reason.

Cheers,

Chris
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
You can't compare the two exposures until you see the second one. Plainly obvious for a critical thinker.
To say one is potentially worse than the other before both are known is the most illogical thinking on God's green earth!
No flaming needed. (I like how you call disagreeing "Flaming" Smile )
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Lot of hot air in here again I see lol

But I agree Daniels exposure to the public, of a very important mentalism tool is in itself very damaging....hate the stumpy short guy anyway Smile.....but Dave, you are such a philosopher, and critical thinker, we should engage in philosophical hot air one day.....begins with words and ends with words....god I hate philosophy! but with YOU it will be all flaming entertainment!!

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2009-09-09 23:29, Psychic Samurai wrote:
You can't compare the two exposures until you see the second one. Plainly obvious for a critical thinker.
To say one is potentially worse than the other before both are known is the most illogical thinking on God's green earth!

Which is why I used the word "potentially". Until we have all the "evidence" (look that one up too) we can only speculate. My original post agrees exactly with what you are saying. What part of that do you fail to grasp?

Quote:
On 2009-09-09 23:29, Psychic Samurai wrote:
No flaming needed. (I like how you call disagreeing "Flaming" Smile )

You accused me of "idol worship" and "blowing smoke". That my friend, constitutes "flaming".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_%28Internet%29
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17488 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 00:51, kambiz wrote:
Lot of hot air in here again I see lol

But I agree Daniels exposure to the public, of a very important mentalism tool is in itself very damaging....hate the stumpy short guy anyway Smile.....but Dave, you are such a philosopher, and critical thinker, we should engage in philosophical hot air one day.....begins with words and ends with words....god I hate philosophy! but with YOU it will be all flaming entertainment!!

Kam

You should see a live show of mine sometime. Halloween will be Stellar Smile
--------------------------------------

And MG you are just upset because they've removed Harry H, Jameme, Jon of Ark, and the rest of your friends from the Café and shut down that section. So now you are here whining about Flaming.

Get on topic for once and use a little logic.

If Derren comes out Friday and exposes some sort of Black Art (Or worse) then he will have far exceeded the exposure of Paul (Which I agree was totally wrong to do in a newspaper or any interview)

However, your hero fixation on Derren prevents you from seeing that. ( He threw Corinda to the lions once, remember?)

Bottom line.....

You don't have all the facts !!!!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Absolutely brother, agree with you wholeheartedly Dave.....now, when you gonna come down under again....I will meet you ANYWHERE....come to Perth, lots of time here to get worked up over each others comments Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Daniels urges Derren to get one number wrong (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL