The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Daniels urges Derren to get one number wrong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
422 Posts

Profile of Axel
What is it with you people, that you to bring your private animosity to a public forum? Why don't you just call each other via phone or meet on the main street at dawn?
Each of you made your point clear. Now let the others discuss the topic...

Best regards,

Lexa
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 07:08, Psychic Samurai wrote:

And MG you are just upset because they've removed Harry H, Jameme, Jon of Ark, and the rest of your friends from the Café and shut down that section. So now you are here whining about Flaming.

Get on topic for once and use a little logic.

If Derren comes out Friday and exposes some sort of Black Art (Or worse) then he will have far exceeded the exposure of Paul (Which I agree was totally wrong to do in a newspaper or any interview)

However, your hero fixation on Derren prevents you from seeing that. ( He threw Corinda to the lions once, remember?)

Bottom line.....

You don't have all the facts !!!!


*sigh*
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17490 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 09:49, kambiz wrote:
Absolutely brother, agree with you wholeheartedly Dave.....now, when you gonna come down under again....I will meet you ANYWHERE....come to Perth, lots of time here to get worked up over each others comments Smile

Kam


I will be wherever McDonalds has their next convention I guess. My agent just had an Australia party where all the video's made there were shown. There are several folks down under I'd love to meet and buy a beer. Last time McDonalds did all the buying .. I just drank with my new friends. (And Gambled Smile )
I love the seafood there!!!!!!

Perhaps I should seek employment as a mentalist next time too Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17490 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 10:37, Lexa wrote:
What is it with you people, that you to bring your private animosity to a public forum? Why don't you just call each other via phone or meet on the main street at dawn?
Each of you made your point clear. Now let the others discuss the topic...

Best regards,

Lexa


Thanks Lexa .. Good Idea!!!!

I'd love to know who GM really is?
Please have him call any time Smile

I even offered to buy him a Beer last time I was in Melbourne, but he never showed up Smile
:dancing:
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Children children children, let's play nice now.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 13:22, Psychic Samurai wrote:

I'd love to know who GM really is?
Please have him call any time Smile

I even offered to buy him a Beer last time I was in Melbourne, but he never showed up


I have little desire to get into a debate with you, as this thread has already strayed off topic. But I thought I'd make everyone who doesn't already know aware that you know very well who I am, considering you claim to have sent friends of yours to my workplace armed with information about me. Since then you have claimed on more than one occasion in several different forums that I "lost my job", and that I had lied (and continue to lie) about my occupation. Interestingly enough, I was there last night doing exactly what I have always claimed to do. In addition, I never agreed to meet with you, so there was nowhere for me to "show up". I'd appreciate it if you stop posting lies about me.

Now that the facts have been separated from Dave's imaginings, could we please return to the original topic?

Cheers,

Chris
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
1. You people are nuts.

2. What's the big deal? Really? The "real people" know Derren's a fake because he admits he's doing tricks. For a performer of Paul Daniel's status to note a way Derren could do one of those tricks better isn't "exposure". It's good advice.

3. While it could be argued that making the statement in "public forum" was bad form, I think you greatly over estimate a. the interest the public has in such things and b. the believability of your own performances (Dave excepted). I have serious doubts that Mr. Daniel's statement is going to do any damage to anyone whatsoever.

4. More disturbing to me is the remarkable animosity that has managed to develop on an internet forum by people who don't really know one another.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
John,

Nice points you make there.
No animosity here, Dave and Chris included....what do you mean?

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17490 Posts

Profile of Slim King
[quote]On 2009-09-11 01:27, JohnWells wrote:
1. You people are nuts.

2. What's the big deal? Really? The "real people" know Derren's a fake because he admits he's doing tricks. For a performer of Paul Daniel's status to note a way Derren could do one of those tricks better isn't "exposure". It's good advice.

3. While it could be argued that making the statement in "public forum" was bad form, I think you greatly over estimate a. the interest the public has in such things and b. the believability of your own performances (Dave excepted). I have serious doubts that Mr. Daniel's statement is going to do any damage to anyone whatsoever.

4. More disturbing to me is the remarkable animosity that has managed to develop on an internet forum by people who don't really know one another.
[/quote
------------------------------

I agree ... I doubt that what Paul said will hurt when I look at it your way.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Daniels urges Derren to get one number wrong (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL