The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Multiplying Eyeballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just got a set of these today, and they are fun, fun!!! I've found myself doing something with these that I have never had to do with any multiplying balls before. I am attempting to produce them so the pupils actually face toward the audience, or so they quickly "turn" and look at the audience! These things are a blast, and will be perfect for my Halloween shows!!

Just thought I'd share my excitement! Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Where did you get them and what size are those?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Those 'eyes' look nice. Thanks for the tip, Michael.
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
Looks good to me. I can imagine how much fun you are having. LOL. Smile
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I've seen Tina Lenert doing a beautiful routine using "eyeballs" in 1979, those are more bizarre-ish, but still look fun!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
If I recall, Tina's routine was based around a "doll" character? A softer approach would fit her style better.

Granted, these are somewhat "exaggerated", but this is for stage, and for a Halloween Zombie character. Logic dictates that if you are going to manipulate eyeballs in this context, you've probably already crossed a line. Smile

(BTW - I have already made a giant Zombie floating eyeball, too!)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Michael, I would love to see a pic of the giant Zombie floating eyeball ... just to admire it. What is it made of or did you redo the paint work of a Zombie to look like an eyeball?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Yes, Michael. She would perform as a doll, it is a lovely routine!

And a quick search for the rigt terms resulted in this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra5E6p3_jUw&feature=related

Tina appears at 6min or so doing the Doll act.

I've seen her perform in february in peru, during the FLASOMA COnvention> A few days ago I stumbled upon the news that we'll meet again during another convention, where she will once again perform her BEAUTIFUL Silks & Rings and "Maid in Heaven" acts. I can't wait!
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
James,

The Zombie Eye was made from a 6" Christmas ornament that I've been keeping around here for a few years. I just decided to paint it one day. For now, I have just made a standard gimmick, but when I have more time, I want to design one that lets the eye rotate, or look side to side. In the movie, "A Haunting in Connecticut", some kids are playing with a Magic Fortune-telling Eyeball (like the magic eightball). I thought it would make a cool Zombie. The veins on it looked like flames on a hot rod. I did not do that, but did make the veins more graphic than realistic, just for the better visibility on stage.

Fábio,

Thanks for that link. Tina's "Maid in Heaven" act is, in my opinion, one of the best acts ever created in magic. I'd put it easily within the top ten and probably the top five.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Michael. That Zombie Eye Ball looks great and I agree that it has good visibility on stage. Thanks for posting the pic.
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
I'm looking to buy a set of these. Does anyone know who is still actively selling them?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Multiplying Eyeballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL