The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Books or DVDs about the Origin of Card Manipulation (Cardini) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KPhilip
View Profile
New user
Around the Globe
57 Posts

Profile of KPhilip
I don't know if this topic is already posted, but I'm trying to research the origins of Card manipulation. Can somebody point me soms books or dvds.
I own the Card Manipulation DVDs of Jeff McBride, but I want some information about the history.

Hope someone can help me out.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1855 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I think Vernon used to comment that a performer known as Ardo the Frogman is believed to have been the person who developed the production of cards from the backpalm. I'm not sure whether Ardo produced cards singly or in fans. I seem to remember a story about Richard Pitchford practicing the production of cards singly from the backpalm while in the trenches during the Great War. He wore gloves because it was so cold, and the cards came out in groups rather than individually. I don't have the books handy right now, but you might want to check the David Ben Vernon biography or the John Fisher Cardini biography (Cardini, The Suave Deceiver) to see if they reference the origin.
----- Sonny Narvaez
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
I bet Levent would know!

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5384 Posts

Profile of videoman
Seems I read the Cardini story Anatole referenced in Milbourne Christopher's Illustrated History of Magic.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Cardini is often credited as the inventor of Fan Splitting (The consecutive production of card fans from the BP position), aswell.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2009-09-10 09:56, Lencano77 wrote:
I don't know if this topic is already posted, but I'm trying to research the origins of Card manipulation. Can somebody point me soms books or dvds.
I own the Card Manipulation DVDs of Jeff McBride, but I want some information about the history.

Hope someone can help me out.

Lencano77

Are looking for the origin of a specific move? Or the origins of card manipulations in general?

Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
KPhilip
View Profile
New user
Around the Globe
57 Posts

Profile of KPhilip
Levent,

For now Card manipulations in general. I guess, I will have a lot of questions about specific move. But I want to have some knowlegde of card manipulation.

Thanks for the replies already, I found the books on the net, so will order them. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Books or DVDs about the Origin of Card Manipulation (Cardini) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL