The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up The Ante (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Just a quick message to let you know that the booklet version of 'Up The Ante' is being released through the Merchant of Magic next week. It will retail at £11.99

If you have not seen or heard about this effect then there are several threads that have run on it amongst the various forums on the Café. Essentially it is a strong self-working item with a normal deck of cards, which will fool YOU the first time that you do it! It is written as a gambling demo and the magic happens in the spectators hands! Indeed, when I perform this effect I uncase the deck with the words "that is the last time that I am going to handle the deck!" and it is!! - the spectators then shuffle the deck and the action starts....

You will NOT be disappointed with this one, I do NOT exaggerate any claims...

Previous correspondants here have written :-

'...if you're into gambling type routines or you just love extremely clever and easy to do card effects then I am sure you will love this routine by Martyn Smith..'

'...I taught my father this routine as a test to see if ANYONE can do this, my father is nowhere near a magician and has no skill with a deck of cards, yet he is completely slaying all his clients and friends...'

'...for the small cost this will give you tremendous value for money and worth a lot more than some of the hyped up rubbish that is sold these days..'

'....it is truly a great gambling demonstration especially when the spectators do all of the handling of the deck..'

'..this is a very cool effect. Even some of the most sceptical and annoying friends of mine were completely suckered into this and absolutely bedazzled as to how it was achieved. A very nice effect and one I strongly reccommend.'

'...after the show I performed 'Up The Ante' for a few of the other performers. These are professional magicians who have performed for years. They were blown away!'

'...if you wanted to impress a bar manager, trying to show him why he should hire you, or a restaurant manager, or someone who might hire you for a corporate gig, this WILL take their head clean off!'

'..it's just a darn good effect that has forced me to include it and rescript my act'

Errrr...not such a 'quick message' after all!! Please enjoy,

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Forgot to mention it but the merchant of magic website is http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Also, great news just in, Murphys have agreed to distribute this effect and booklets are being sent early next week!

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4632 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I had a chance to look this over and I liked it quite a bit- there's some clever thinking in there.

I'll be writing a full review soon!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favorite magician.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thanks for the encouraging words, Ben; I look forward to the review...

Martyn
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Ben,

It works like a charm. I use it all the time.

Good magic to all,

Eric
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3774 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It is a brilliant routine. I perform it often. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thankyou, gentlemen, for the kind words of support for this effect! Up The Ante has been a little quiet here on these pages recently but continues to sell and to capture peoples imagination..
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Where is it actually avaialalbe as a download? All I hear is how great it is still I have no freakin clue what is it about. I know it is a gambling demo but that's it.
I looked at all the threads still I am lost.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi! The second post in this thread gives the website - http://www.magicshop.co.uk - which is the website for the merchant of magic. The demo as filmed doesn't really give you more than a 'flavour' of the effect - it is not an expensive effect to purchase and none of the above testimonials have been exaggerated at all; well worth a punt....
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Quote:
On 2009-09-13 11:07, Rpascual wrote:
Where is it actually avaialalbe as a download? All I hear is how great it is still I have no freakin clue what is it about. I know it is a gambling demo but that's it.
I looked at all the threads still I am lost.

Same for me
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Gentlemen, the effect is indeed a gambling demo whereupon the magician hands a deck of cards to his audience who shuffle the deck and can retain the deck afterwards. Bets are proposed, which become more and more outrageous - the odds clearly stacking against the magician, particularly as at no time does he handle the cards. It is a lovely little self-worker of an effect. The website to obtain either a download, or to purchase the booklet version, is - as mentioned above - http://www.magicshop.co.uk

There is a brief video clip, which only gives a slight flavour of what is going on, but trust me - and your fellow Café members - it is a low cost, very hard hitting routine which slays audiences and appears inexplicable. You will not be dissappointed.

Do a search for 'Up The Ante, by Martyn Smith' and read Gary Jones post, amongst others. There are quite a few threads running here. There are reviews on it and Ben Train is about to write another, as stated here on this thread shortly.

I hope that this gives you what you are after to help you decide; I am frequently on these pages so write here or pm if further info req'd.

Cheers

Martyn
Steven70s
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
181 Posts

Profile of Steven70s
Hi, thanks for your reaction

Well, my order is in, it's a nice price.
Unfortunately I have to wait 4-6 days for the PDF(?) to come in, since I had to pay using E-check at Paypal
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
664 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I'm going to wait for the manuscript!
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Rpascual, the manuscript is out, now, via the merchant of magic website and stock is being sent to murphys this week and will thus be available stateside shortly.

Thanks for the purchase, Steven70s; must be frustrating for you awaiting clearance! Enjoy!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Up The Ante (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL