We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Derren Brown did my trick! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
A trick I have been doing for two years (and mentioned here on the Café for all to see) appeared on the Derren Brown show tonight in the UK. Coincidence? Maybe. Be careful what you tip here on the Café!

On 2007-11-18 07:26, Andi Peters wrote

I have performed this trick replacing the nail with a live mouse. The advantage here is that the spec or magi is in no danger at all and yet an element of danger still remains.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

(post is near the bottom of the page)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17545 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WOW ... Excellent !!!!!
Now you can market it and hype "As performed By Derren Brown!!!"
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-09-11 22:59, Psychic Samurai wrote:
WOW ... Excellent !!!!!
Now you can market it and hype "As performed By Derren Brown!!!"

My big problem is that whenever I perform this trick in the future people will say I copied Derren Brown. I wish he would have done some research and sought my permission first, after all the proof that the idea is mine is here on the Café which I know Derren and his team visit on a regular basis. Maybe they did see it and just decided to take the idea. Who knows?! Another case of the small guy being shafted by the big guy I guess.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4900 Posts

Profile of landmark
Why don't you try to contact him? Maybe you'll be surprised by the results.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2431 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-09-12 03:14, Andi Peters wrote:
My big problem is that whenever I perform this trick in the future people will say I copied Derren Brown.

I think you're greatly overestimating his exposure.

For the one in a million that saw it and say anything, you can let them know that he's great and you're honored to have come up with the effect he did and have him understand it's power enough to select it for such a prestigious show. No matter where he got the idea from, the statement is all true and everyone wins!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Derren Brown did my trick! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.54 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL