The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Kornershort (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
The ad for Kornershort reads:

"Your card technique is about to make a quantum leap! Kornershort, the perfectly engineered solution to the Classic Card Control.

One of the obstacles to the corner short's popularity has been the difficulty of cutting the card itself. Scissors, nail clippers and nail files have all been used with less than perfect results.

Enter the Kornershort device. Perfectly round, perfectly smooth corners every time. High quality, die cast construction that will last a lifetime. Now, there's nothing keeping you from the joys of shorting! And, it's priced very low for such a quality item."

Kornershort retails for $25 and is every bit as good as the ad says. In fact every thing in the ad is 100% accurate – except for the last line!

What the ad fails to tell you is that Kornershort is a re-packaged Carl Corner Rounding Punch (item #8CP-6A) that I picked up at Staples Office Supply for $4.99. I know that MagicSmith also includes George Schindler's "Cutting Corners Notes," but unless the notes retail for twenty bucks, $25 seems more than a bit steep for a new label.

Ray
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
Yup. I bought Carl's Corner Rounder too.
Cost me 8.00 though.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
I've heard of people paying anywhere from $5 to $8, it depends on where you live and where you buy it, but with regard to the Kornershort you're still $17 ahead of the game.

Ray
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I got mine for 7.99 I think, but not Carl's it was the "Corner Punch Marvy" and I like it, it's blue =)
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
I do as all the old books recommend, and use nail clippers.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Anyone knows a source for a reasonable corner short with 1/8" - the original bicycle brand corner diameter?
I found professional ones for about apprx. $150+.
If so, would you PM me or post the source here.
THX.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Guys,

I have bought all the goodies but have found for me the best way is to use a metal finger nail file. With very little practice you can achieve very subtle corners or very large corners if you choose.

Regards,

Bill
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
My wife use to sell Creative Memories products (scrapbooking, photo album). The sell a corner rounder product for about $8, that I feel is supior to the ones I have seen @ office supply stores.

Smile
F. Zandura
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
My wife has the Creative memories punch, too. The angle of the curve is to broad. The Carl punch (which I got at Staples for $4.75) has a sharper curve and is better for this purpose IMO.

Someone asked me about getting a punch that has exactly the same angle. If it had the same angle, you wouldn't be able to punch anything off--the card's corner is already at that angle! To do exactly the same angle you'd have to do a short card as opposed to a corner short.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Kornershort (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL