The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 10 years and 2 kids..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
And my wife and I are seperating with repair not looking good. I don't know what else to say but posting this around has helped a bit.... I am numb today.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Sorry to read this, x-treem.

As a suggestion? Maybe both of you could reach out to your local Priest/Reverend, before the separation?

Hope something changes for the better.

Sixten
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Hang in there buddy, I'll be praying for you.

Remember Packers Game Sunday.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry to hear about that. I hope for the best for you and your children whatever the outcome.

Jack
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
PM'ing you, buddy.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Sixten: I want to try and get help, she does not, said if she went it would only be a half hearted attempt.

Jeff: Thanks buddy, not sure if I'll watch it will be the first game without my family, don't know if even they can help, unless the super bowl were tomorrow and they won Smile

Landmark: The oldest is 11 and my step child. I was at the hospital the day he was born (not in the room), his mom and I married a year and a half later. He sees his dad who is a good father but I have been there everyday and am what he knows as a parent.

I am afraid I will lose him. I have no rights to see him if she does not let me. I can only assume I can live without the one time love of my life... but without both of the kids it would be hard.

Thank you so much guys.
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
X-treem:

Sometimes you never know until it's tried?
Half-hearted is a lot better than nothing.
If it fails, at least you know you gave it a shot.

Just trying to be supportive. Smile

Sixten
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
What I'll say publicly (rather than in a PM) is this: separations can and do sometimes work. Only time and circumstances will tell.

But separation most definitely does not automatically mean the end of a marriage.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Jeff is right!

My wife and I split at around the 14-15 year mark for 20 months and got back together shortly before our 17th anniversary! We have been rockin along for the past 10 years!

I sought out counseling on my own and she on hers and we worked on ourselves first, then US!

Whichever way it goes, be sure to take care of YOU first and foremost cuz without out a sane and solid YOU there can't be a stable US!

MMc
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
My father split from his first wife for over 40 years then got back together, she still complains.

One thing I have to say to both of you, and I don't care who did or does what, that for the kids you MUST be civil to each other at least when they are within five miles of you. Seperation ends the nonsense that went on in the marriage and to carry it on afterward is a waste of energy and the couple might as well stayed together. So do not fight, argue, say bad stuff, get loud, none of that and it goes for the wife as well. The kids have a bad enough time w/out that added burdon and the shift must be to be respectful of their lil' feelings and, to be blunt, you and the wife have to shelve any hard feelings. Sorry it didn't work out. Say....since you are single, you interested in a nagging 50 year old woman who knows me well?
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Thanks to all. I am going to follow Stone's PM advice and follow it up with MMC and sixten's.

I love older women Santa (my wife is the youngest "older lady" I've been with, only six months seperates us) but I am swearing off women. If this does not work out I do not have the strength to do these 10 years over again with someone new. So your stuck with her... sorry.

I wrote this this morning:

I stand before the world shattered and humbled beyond belief. The light at the end of the tunnel is missing but I can find it if I keep searching. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat… There has to be something better than this. Up is hopefully a step away.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
X - I am sorry to hear this. Your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it all works out. While it'll seem clich'e, remember: "This too shall pass" because it shall. Regardless of the outcome you WILL be OK in the end.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"I'm swearing off women"? Good grief Sean...that's the opposite of the cure! You don't have to chase but you can remain ready in case one roars up in a Mustang.

Like Santa said stay level headed with the former lady and not just for the kids sake either. Much of the trauma and turmoil comes from feeling sorry for oneself. A good pair of bootstraps and solid grounding can solve that...and DISTANCE...plus an eye out for the Mustang.

Call me if you need to talk to an old friend with LOTS of experience. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Never say, "Never again."
Life is a chess game; one piece moves and the whole board changes.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I hope it works out for you.

I have a friend who was married to his wife for almost thirty years when they divorced. Following the divorce, they kept going to dinner, vacations, movies, shows, etc. together, and not "just for the kids", because they were all grown and gone.

His comment - "We are best friends, just not when we were married..."
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Taking yourself out of the game for now ain't a bad plan but never say never!

We can get all macho and say "go get em, have a friend with benefits, play the field" etc etc. but the facts is, you are NOT emotionally able at this time to "play"! A) What could you bring to the party (new relationship) when the wounds are still open and fresh? B) Chances are very good that you will latch on to the first willing participant (rebound) and from what I've observed with my buddies is they rarely if ever work out and the hurt is now compounded!

Hang tuff my friend,

MMc
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 06:49, x-treem wrote:

I wrote this this morning:

I stand before the world shattered and humbled beyond belief. The light at the end of the tunnel is missing but I can find it if I keep searching. I can’t sleep, I can’t eat… There has to be something better than this. Up is hopefully a step away.

I know how you feel. March, 22, 2009 my wife of 12 years passed away. I speak from experience when I say, give it time, it will get better.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 10 years and 2 kids..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL