We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CoinRUNEeque (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hey guys. I found this new download from Rune Klan over at Vanishing Inc. Magic. I think this trick looks really cool. I like his coin work. It makes me want to buy his tape, 3 Pieces of Silver Smile

What do you guys think? http://vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downl......RUNEque/
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Thanks for the link,

I personally don't like this one,it just does not look magical at me.the whole trick is a bit weird to me.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Agreed. Rune doesn't do his reputation much good with this one.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
I agree there - some funky unnatural moves going on here and there. The one handed vanishes seem a bit suspect to me. I also don't find the routine terribly engaging... hmm. 3 Pieces of Silver was my intro to coin magic - and what 13 yrs later that video still holds up! This effect is not up to those standards in my opinion.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1869 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
"Three Pieces of Silver" was a video that's no longer available.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Maybe it is a friend pointing to an add, but I really don't have a problem with that, as I would have never known it existed. As long as I get to see the effect I can make up my own mind as to whether it is worth it to me.

I would have to agree, there isn't much conviction or convincing on the one hand coin vanishes and it just seems to be filler to get set up for the change in the end. As such, no new material, so no purchase for me.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2009-09-14 10:19, lithyem wrote:
I agree there - some funky unnatural moves going on here and there. The one handed vanishes seem a bit suspect to me. I also don't find the routine terribly engaging... hmm. 3 Pieces of Silver was my intro to coin magic - and what 13 yrs later that video still holds up! This effect is not up to those standards in my opinion.

It was you intro of coin magic ?
Wow you must be very skill !
David Roth is a kid compare to you Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2546 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I would love to see the legendary 3 pieces of silver and Rune has some nice stuff on the Joshua Jay triology but this did nothing for me.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Haha parmenion - I do my best! Yep that was my first coin-magic dvd. In fact I saw that before I read Bobo or Roth - I was mainly into cards before then. His at-the-fingers style of coins really grabbed me. Roth might eat my lunch but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve ;-) .

Bungee and Xcath - I have the VHS that I had converted to DVD for me a while ago. If you guys want to borrow it, I'm happy to lend it out. You can have it converted to DVD pretty easily at most photo places these days. I'll send it to you Bungee (since you asked first) for you to pass on to Xcath and anyone else who wants to check it out. Just keep me in the loop of where it is and that's cool with me. Bungee - PM me and we can hook it up.

Michael
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
The camera work in Three Pieces of Silver was superb, too. I recall Rune went out of his way to produce a top notch videotape. Pity that this recent effort is so poor; I absolutely hate it when the camera can't keep still. Thank goodness his next release will (probably) be a book!
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
428 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
This is a cool idea, just presented in the wrong format. Should be in some notes or something... not ten bucks on its own.

Scott.
Scott Baird
Instagram: @magicbaird
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CoinRUNEeque (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL