The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Penn & Teller Application (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Very True Rise21,

But of course, adding the cover picture of your background can really add a nice convincing Camo.

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Are there directions to the ap? I got it but haven't played around much with it. In a review it said that if you have a pic with you and one of them in your phone it can make it an even better effect.... Ho so?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
Yes, there are directions, but you may need to play around with it to understand it.

In the the Settings area, turn on your ADVANCED MENU and then SET BACKGROUND.

This is best done when you have taken a Screen Shot of you iPhone's regular background to use. (If you didn't know. Screen shots are take by pressing your on/off button and your menu button at the same time.)

Enjoy!
I've been training these cards since they were small.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Surprisingly, this app has garnished the strongest reactions of any magic app I have... Even Kenner's. It's just so convincing... It's also difficult to perform without guilt because it's so simple.

The only person who has not been impressed yet is a girl I performed it for yesterday who noticed my other hand was in it's pocket the whole time and thought I was texting myself... The crazy stuff people come up with.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Love their app.

The only issue I've ever had with it is that sometimes it seems to take FOREVER for the big finish. The AI just gives random messages back and sometimes repeats itself.

I just wish there was a way to set a maximum number of smart *** comments to like 4 or something. I've had people text way too long and the pacing of the trick just dies, even when I have the texting start at the beginning of the trick.

Anyone know a workaround or have similar experiences?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
You can customize the program to adjust the amount of "BS" they send before the reveal.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
tommykay
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of tommykay
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 14:11, Pete Biro wrote:
I'm glad I don't have, or desire, an Iphone

Out of curiosity, why are you reading messages in a forum devoted to a device you do not have or want?

With all respect, your message does not seem to add anything to the conversation.
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
This app reminds me of a web-based app I saw a couple years ago. I found the approach and method to that one to be a little cleaner and more logical. The premise was that it was an online lie detector. The spec would name a card, and the app would ask questions and purportedly be able to distinguish true answers from lies by the speed and motion of the spec's mouse movements. After 4 or 5 questions, it would correctly name the card.

Does anyone know if there exists an iphone app with that sort of premise and method?
avenger
View Profile
New user
China
34 Posts

Profile of avenger
Bought it yestoday.I don't't like it.

Because the response is alway english. and I'm a Chinese.

Hope next version can customizing the response in setting by myself.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 09:37, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
You can customize the program to adjust the amount of "BS" they send before the reveal.

Sweet. I didn't realize that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Penn & Teller Application (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL