The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » hardest flourish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
What is the hardest flourish to perform?
A lot of people tell me the cobra is hardest,
but does anyone disagree?
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I've got to say split fans and backpalms personally....

Cobra is just balancing, not very hard once you get the balancing part down.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
ULMEN Challenge 6 is the most difficult move of all I can say...

Check it out and you will know..

Symmatrix
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
adam_wolfe
View Profile
New user
england
20 Posts

Profile of adam_wolfe
Oh, I heard that "only a handful of people in the world, can do this flourish." Now I know people SAY a lot of things, but it does look pretty darn hard. Can anyone here do it?

What's the Ulmen Challenge six?
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1886 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I've seen a guy juggling 5 (yes, 5) cards and after he stopped, he produced a royal flush. Smile
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
Hey guys,
Saying the hardest flourish is like saying who is the best player in the NBA or NFL or MLB. It's really anyone's opinion. I can name a lot of flourishes that are difficult to do. Juggling cards is very hard, I never tried it but saw a down load of someone doing it. Some sybils can sometimes be complicating, but for me it's not really. Brian Tudor's Show Off 2 material is pretty hard stuff. The hardest flourish is really opinion more than fact. Just my OPINION. Haha.
Christian
cyc
View Profile
New user
Montreal
57 Posts

Profile of cyc
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is that ULMEN Challenge 6? Smile

Thanks
SEVEN
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SEVEN
Here you go cyc,

SIXTH CHALLENGE (Credit to the Handlordz Forum)

The challenger must construct a thirty packet array using two decks.
Any two decks can be used. A packet must consist of at least three cards. There must be at least one quarter inch of space between the non-nexus ends or sides of any two adjacent packets. No stepped or stacked packets allowed. The packets must be completely seperate and visible during the display. Any part of the body may be used to hold or stabilize packets. Use of the ground or table is not permitted. An unlimited amount of packets may be placed on the body in a static position. The array must be generated and then gathered or closed such that all cards of both decks are facing the same way both before and after the cut. There must be a flow, style, or rhythm to both creating and taking down the display.

Smile Smile Smile
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Hmm.... That really doesn't sound very bad, just do it laying down!!! You can use your chest and stomach to put up packets and hold some between your legs too....
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1886 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I think it's overkill. What's next, build the Statue of Liberty with 2 decks and without touching the ground?
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
Quote:
On 2003-06-07 09:59, MacGyver wrote:
I gotta say split fans and backpalms personally....

Cobra is just balancing, not very hard once you get the balancing part down

Sorry to say that, but Do you know what a flourish is? Because backpalming is NOT! And besides that, you're saying cobra is not very hard? I bet you wouldn't be able to do it even if they paid you a million. Smile
-aka-
Phoenix
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I think Devo will be breaking new grounds with his DVD CTG.

Lee
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
I think my top 3 are the double lift (that's where, not one, but two cards, are turned over as one)

Any type of cutting the deck scares the **** out of me.

And last but not least, in one word......... cellophane. Opening up the bloody card case. I swear, if I don't have a cup of coffee and am fully stretched out, I pull something every time.

Of course that's just my opinion...... I could be wrong. Smile
Derek Johnston
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
You can't lay down in the challenge. lol..

I think that #13 would be the hardest flourish. But as far as cobras go, the 9 packet cobra has to be the hardest cobra.

J
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
Surely the backpalm IS a flourish. It's a flashy bit of eye candy so I think the back palm is a flourish.

As for hardest? Those pointless 15+ packet cuts where the head and chest are used...it's so OTT.
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
OTT?

There is only 1 30 packet display in the trials. The rest are other crazy things like shuffling with your feet, and hanging upside down blind-folded arm-spreads.

The original question was about the hardest flourish. The Trials are all about the hardest flourishes. I think that anything over step 8 has got to be extremely tough.

J
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
The hardest one handed cut, is the cobra, but for flourishes, it's got to be anything in the Ulmen Trials.

Some that come to mind are, the one handed spring, Crossed King Cobras, foot shuffle, 30 packet array, piroett arm spread, and juggling 5 cards.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Ulmen trials are crazy. How can anyone do them?
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
A life time of practice and dedication.

Lee
mack10
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of mack10
No one has completed them to date.

I believe that De'vo has gotten the furthest with step 8. Jerry and De'vo leave in a few weeks to try this year. Wish them good luck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » hardest flourish? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL