The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing candle-please help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Conger
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Larry Conger
Hello everyone,
I have been practicing a routine with appearing and vanishing candles for about six weeks. More practice may be the answer to my question, but I am nearing discouragement. I realize the routine is not original. It begins with a production of the candle using the basic silk. The candle then vanishes (with a burts of flame of flash paper). It is reproduced using the silk, followed by a second production in a very similar fasion, and then finally a third candle is produced in the air seemingly from a ball of fire (flash paper tossed into the air). I am having to operate on very low funds. It took several months to commit to the purchase of the candles, silk, and paper to perform this routine. In fact, I am still one appearing candle short for the complete routine but can practice with what I for now. My problem is with the production. The appearing candle did not come with directions. I need to steal the candle and palm it. I have rigged a dropper for the candles, with copper wire, but it pulls and draws attention when I try to retrieve the candle. I have decided the easiest way to steal the candle is when I am getting the lighter or putting it back to light the previous candle. What prevents the candle from appearing before I am ready.

Larry
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22871 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-09-16 05:52, Larry Conger wrote:
What prevents the candle from appearing before I am ready.
Larry

The way you hold it or palm it. Sounds like you are trying to copy the Lance Burton routine. A little noise is not a problem on a stage and with music playing in the background.

Directions do not cover palming but you should contact the dealer or person who sold it to you for the instructions.

Tip: Do not buy any tricks without the instructions.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Larry,

Welcome to the Café!

Not sure precisely what the wire holder you designed looks like, or how you have to steal the candle from it, but when you say it pulls and draws attention, it may be that the load is positioned or located incorrectly, causing you to retrieve the candle in an unnatural manner. It may be that the holder is too strong, requiring a hard tug to release the load.

To some extent, your clothing will dictate the limitations on load placement. I always used the safety pin/bobby pin holder. If you need more info, send me a PM. This type of holder will keep the candle secure and closed. Once the load has been stolen, the candle will be unsecured, except by your hand.

You can also use a similar method for keeping the candle closed after the load has been stolen. This is good for stealing the load say, from a pocket, or even laying on top of a table. Again, if you need more, send a PM.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Appearing candle-please help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL