The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
486 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I am sure I am not the only one who spent their Extreme Burn in need of the cash but I finally got around to making another one and figured out a great way to keep the crease in the off center bill. Put a piece of scotch tape on each side of the crease and it stays there and doesn’t revert back to folding exactly in half. It doesn’t even matter if the bill isn’t perfectly crisp. I can’t believe what a difference it makes. How many of you guys have spent their Extreme Burn? Hope that helps.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2510 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Great idea, TC! I'm going to start doing this.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3619 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
My gimmick's sitting on the table. Spent all the 20's

Jim
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I love that idea! Thanks for sharing!
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
TC,
Isn't the tape noticable when you fan the bills? It seems to me that whether you are showing the ones or the hundreds, the top bill (after the change) would be the one with the tape. I always flip the stack after the change.

Am I getting this wrong?

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1888 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I would think it would be seen since I count them front and back.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17000 Posts

Profile of joseph
Nice idea....This should really help..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
If you use invisible tape, like Scotch Magic Tape, it's invisible. You guys are thinking about old-school shiny transparent tape.

My only problem with the tape idea is that I use that final count method where you move the off-bill to the bottom and end up showing it again as the final bill (the best version of the count imho). The tendency is to let them examine this bill with this approach and they would probably notice the tape if they actually handle the bill.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Sammy is right, the stack is flipped over right away. If you're talking about the bill that's on the top when you first open up 'the wad', I might just replace it if it got too bad.

I don't use crisp new bills, rather almost new, almost crisp ones. I got them where I wanted as far as crispness by using an iron. It seems to me the newer they are the less innocent they appear. The only reason you want them new is so they are stiff. I'm going to try out the tape idea but I think I'll only put it on the bottom of the bill, that should be enough to prevent a crease.

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn Tip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL