The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Favorite Street Magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
mastermagician91
View Profile
New user
USA-CT
39 Posts

Profile of mastermagician91
Just would like to know who your favorite street magician is..I like Chris Angel and David Blaine BTW.
"Magic is not always magic...but the impossible is always possible" - Ricky Booska
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I guess you are going to have to define “Street Magician” for me. When was either Chris Angel or David Blaine a “Street Magician”?

I guess if we consider either of those guys as street magician’s I will have to say that Harry Blackstone, Senior was my favorite street magician. He once did some escapes outside (on the street) to promote his stage magic show.

Of the “real” street magicians that I have seen up close and on the street working (not just a film or TV presentation of them working on the streets) then I would have to say Cellini (who I saw in Europe working the streets) and Bob Sheets, who I saw in Maryland, USA, working a street show at Howard County Fairgrounds.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Neither Chris Angel nor David Blaine are street magicians.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Zednanreh
View Profile
Loyal user
Miami, FL
211 Posts

Profile of Zednanreh
Lance Burton! Smile You'll see in about a month what I mean.

- Alex

P.S. I quote from TVMagicGuide.com
Lance Burton: Guerrilla Magic: Taking It To The Streets (7/1/2003-TV).

Afterthought: Harry Houdini was a street magician because he performed on the streets, so he is the top on my list.
So you want to market or sell your trick? Before you do, read this!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Jeff Sheridan is my pick.. he's the original old school New York bad %$# street magician! Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
Does Chappy Brazil count? I loved watching his sponge ball act...

RT
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
I guess it's suppose to be favorite buskers. I have yet to see one in action. Is Gregory Wilson a busker?
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
One word, Cellini
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Ya, Chappy Brazil would be my choice too. He may have left, but his magic lives on.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
submagi
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of submagi
I don't really know who works on streets or not.. But if Jay Sankey does I'm sure he would be fun..
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Gazzo!!!!
What would Wavy do?
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
I just love Gregory Wilson. He may not be a street magician, but in his On The Spot videos he did a very good job in the streets...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Which statement in the post offended you? Or was it the whole post? Smile

Honestly, I am confused as to how asking for a definition (or clarification), making an assumption, and naming two people that I have actually seen, in person, working on the streets as a busker can be offensive.

But since it is offensive to you, I do apologize for any and all parts of it that may be offensive.

Even so, I’d still like to know the answer to my question and the names of actual buskers that you (or anyone has seen) that they consider good.

Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
bramptonmagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of bramptonmagic
Mine is my home town hero Jay Sanky
:dancing: Smile Smile

:firedevil: neighbour of the beast Jay Sanky is mine Smile
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Bob Sheets does a beautiful job. I got a chance to see out in California and it was great.

If I did Close-up magic on stage, that wouldn't make me a stage magician, so how does Blaine or Angel doing a few C.U. effects on the street make them a street magician? No offense, but like they said, neither is a street magi.
If you see one of them busking without a comera behind them, let us know.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
The question about street magic comes up in every single forum, but if you ask me I don't have a favorite but I give respect to the guys who go out and get a permit and spend the money and time to get one of the over priced pieces of paper cuz their the real street magicians I would not consider David Blaine a street magician but he is however good at CLOSE UP magic
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Well,

So what do you think about magic David Blaine does if not Street magic?

Anyways, my my other fav' streeter is Greg Wilson.

Peace,

Bone. Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
Well,
So what do you think about magic David Blaine does if not Street magic?

It's called 'strolling magic'.

Quote:
I think Street magic is any magic that is done on Street and Street Magician is who does their magic on the street. You should realize this.

Wrong. No one does magic on the street. If they did, they might get hit by a car. Doing magic outside does not make it 'street magic'. I've run into situations where I performed a few tricks for someone outside. That does not make me a 'street magician'.

Quote:
I definitely say Blaine did a revolution of Street magic, to be Modern magic his purpose is to sell his videos to be well known. For people David Blaine is an entertainer, not for 50 cents on the street. Who can refuse this? Remember Magic is worth it if spectators love it and they remember what you've just done.

I won't deny the revolution, but I will point out that it has had some negative effects as well. Such as the misconception that doing magic outside is 'street magic'.

Quote:
One last point, if magic Blaine does is not Street magic so why he put in his opening "Street magic"? did he wanna fool everyone out there or he created a new magic called Street magic?

The title "Street Magic" sounded cool so they went with it. I'm sure Blaine regrets the misconception he's started.

Quote:
I heard some people said "Blaine's magic is better than Copperfield's". So what do they think of this guy, a cheater, a master sleight of hands, a begger... or what? They like him, that's why Blaine is the hottest name in magic right now. Think of it, he can make money the way that you can't.

Blaine is not better than Copperfield. Blaine's magic amuses me. Copperfield's astonishes me. I don't like your insinuation, however, that Blaine is better, because he makes more money than me (and everyone else here). That statement, besides suggesting that money is a good measure of talent, also suggests that I and other magicians are in this business for the money. That our lack of it proves our inferiority to other wealthier magicians. Incorrect. I would do magic even if I never made a cent from it.

Quote:
Anyways, my other fav' streeter is Greg Wilson.

I agree with you there. Greg Wilson rocks. Smile
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
Wrong. No one does magic on the street. If they did, they might get hit by a car. Doing magic outside does not make it 'street magic'. I've run into situations where I performed a few tricks for someone outside. That does not make me a 'street magician'.

WOW! This is right! I forgot it's on sidewalk. Absolutely not on street! lol. You're right, it's strolling magic. I remember having read about this once now.

But how about Cellini? He was wrong about his "Outside magic" too. He called that Street magic while not doing anything right on the street.

Quote:
Blaine is not better than Copperfield. Blaine's magic amuses me. Copperfield's astonishes me. I don't like your insinuation, however, that Blaine is better, because he makes more money than me (and everyone else here).

Blaine is not better than Copperfield. I agree with that and I'm not insinuating, Copperfield is already a living legend for a long time ago, he's my fav' magician too. I just heard some laymen say Blaine is better, I'm not insinuating that I mean that.

Quote:
That statement, besides suggesting that money is a good measure of talent, also suggests that I and other magicians are in this business for the money. That our lack of it proves our inferiority to other wealthier magicians. Incorrect. I would do magic even if I never made a cent from it.

What I mean is Blaine is good, what he does makes people think it's real magic, they like it. I like his style, I hate people that say Blaine's magic is just to scare or cheat people by doing a simple double lift, not like dancing with the cards in the hands. They think Blaine just does some simple things, I'm just talking about all Blaine's haters and I'm not insinuating you or someone.

One thing, I did make you misunderstand what I meant to by "50 cents". Just forget it.

Peace,

Bone
Smile
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Greg Wilson! He's great to watch!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Favorite Street Magician? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL