The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » This sucks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I gotta be missing something ... sucks why?

Except of course the sonofagun spilled the arrow-breaking rebar-bending thing I thought I was being all innovative by planning to recommend in the podcast. THAT sucks.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Sucks.. because the guy is making it all look like "magic" tricks.
Sucks because that ain't rebar. That is 1/4" mild steel that has been twisted to appear to be re-bar. Re-bar doesn't have a specific recipe like standard steels, so usually it is too stiff for that type of bend. Gaffed... another reaon why it sucks.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Luis is a good guy. There is nothing gratuitous in anything he does. It looks like this will be a beautifully produced set of DVDs and probably will be priced to put them out of the hands of the youtube kids. I am following this with interest.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I don't mind the exposure. I just don't like the accessability to the YouTube crowd, as Todd refers. I see some plastic wrap in there--Harley?!

It says it discusses the history. I will be interested to see that.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Though I don't know much about this series, I do believe it is intended as an instructional series. Yes, that reference to history will be interesting. I did see the plastic wrap and want to see what that is all about.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
The plastic wrap looked to be a part of the freezing stunt, but I could be wrong.

Chris
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 08:31, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Sucks.. because the guy is making it all look like "magic" tricks.

Yeah, you're right about that.

Quote:
Sucks because that ain't rebar. That is 1/4" mild steel that has been twisted to appear to be re-bar.

I've seen (can't find right now) directions that specify "soft rebar", and directions that don't. It looks to me that, if you can break a 1 1/2-foot arrow that way, a 6-foot rebar should be no harder (consider the leverage over 6 blinkin' feet, once you get a tiny sag going ... and if it doesn't sag enough all by itself I'd be surprised).

Quote:
Gaffed... another reaon why it sucks.

And nobody here gaffs anything?
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Nips gaffs his...nips... I always thought he could pick stuff up because he trained them to do all sorts of stuff on their own accord--like fleas in a circus. Turns out, I was wrong--they have holes in them!

Higley doesn't gaff anything. He uses the real deal.

Todd uses lightbulbs by GE. Turns out they were made out of candy THE WHOLE TIME!

Zajicek is really a computer that automatically posts 85 message per day.

Ross uses a guy named Wayne--for what is unknown.

Harley has uses a gaff in his one-nail bed of nails. The nail is real, but his spine is fake. (Ha! Take that Melvin!)

Brett lies about his age (he is really 43!).

Kondini is wearing a baldcap.

Dr. Wilson is NOT A DOCTOR. (I think he has a PhD.)

JS3 is a gaff made by his parents.

Gwyd, Danny? I don't know about them, but I didn't want to leave them out.

Jeremy

p.s. Does anyone have room in their house, this avauilable lady is looking for a place to stay. It takes 10 men to...:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local_state......d=130403
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
She can stay in my garage. It is hot as hades so she will sweat that weight right off. I would probably have to move the refrigerator out though and that's where I keep the beer so I don't know. I'll have to talk to my wife.

As for the DVD's they look interesting. Wouldn't mind taking a gander but I'm sure they will be priced way more than I am willing to pay for such a thing. I like rare books.

I didn't get that he was making it seem like magic. Due to all the "Stunts" captions that flew across the screen. But it is being released by a magic video company so maybe that's where some of you got that from.

Todd, didn't you have a VHS tape out with Steven's Magic Emporium some time back? Do they still sell that? I saw it once at a friends house years ago. Very entertaining. I think that was the first time I became aware of you? Gosh, that was a long time ago.

Ted
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 16:11, jeremysweiss wrote:

Brett lies about his age (he is really 43!).

D@mn you....

Thanks for letting the world know.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
I have that VHS tape of Todd's. It is OOP. I hunted it down and asked Tood to autograph it and the look on his face of, "how on earth did you get that?!?!" was HILARIOUS.

It was made a long time ago when Todd was Brett's age.
The Shock Doc
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Jeremy, what is OOP? Is that some hip new lingo that I'm to old for or some old technical term I'm to young for?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
These were advertised in the latest Magic Mag.

s
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 17:21, Rotten wrote:
Jeremy, what is OOP? Is that some hip new lingo that I'm to old for or some old technical term I'm to young for?

O O P

Out of Print.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Ok, since the subject of "Gaffs" came up, let's discuss them. So far, I don't use gaffs, but I have always thought, "What the audience doesn't know won't hurt them." For example, the Sword Swallowing Illusion that sells for like $15. Now, I don't own one, but I have seen it performed, and it looks pretty darn real. And if the audience BELIEVES that it is real (a great trick in and of itself!), what difference does it make? Smile
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 17:40, dpe666 wrote:
Ok, since the subject of "Gaffs" came up, let's discuss them. So far, I don't use gaffs, but I have always thought, "What the audience doesn't know won't hurt them." For example, the Sword Swallowing Illusion that sells for like $15. It looks pretty darn real. And if the audience BELIEVES that it is real (a great trick in and of itself!), what difference does it make? Smile

Ouch.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 17:41, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-18 17:40, dpe666 wrote:
Ok, since the subject of "Gaffs" came up, let's discuss them. So far, I don't use gaffs, but I have always thought, "What the audience doesn't know won't hurt them." For example, the Sword Swallowing Illusion that sells for like $15. It looks pretty darn real. And if the audience BELIEVES that it is real (a great trick in and of itself!), what difference does it make? Smile

Ouch.

My post was hypothetical. I don't believe in using gaffs, and I think they cheapen and mock the people who do the real thing. I am just being "Devil's Advocate". Smile
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Even in a hypothetical sense, claiming to swallow swords and doing a cheap trick is an incredible insult to those of us that have risked our lives, learning how to REALLY swallow a sword and perform the stunt on a regular basis.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
I didn't mean to insult anyone. I just used sword swallowing as an example. I could have just as easily said a fake nail for blockhead, or a gaffed animal trap. I don't believe in using gaffs, but they are out there. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » This sucks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL