The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Metro-Magic #5 coming Soon!!!!!!! Oct 4th (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Metro-magic.com

"The V.I.P. Convention"

"Proudly celebrating our 5th year!"

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The annual, exciting, one-day, close-up, magic convention, for all tri-state, New York City, metropolitan area magicians and magic enthusiasts.This year featuring :

TONY CLARK
JOHNNY ACE PALMER
DAVID ROTH
BILL WISCH

This year the Metro-Magic V.I.P. honoree is
George Schindler
Performer-Creator-Comedian-Author-Actor-Dealer
Dean of The Society Of American Magicians
for his many contributions to the art of magic.

A great fun filled all day event starting at 9am and usually lasting through 10pm
Lectures, dealer demos and a fantastic close up show in the evening where 3 seperate small rooms with great close up seating are set up with the performers rotating between the rooms so you stay in any 1 of the 3 small rooms and the close up performers come to you for in your face magic. Be sure to attend, you will not be disappointed!!
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I can't wait Smile I registered already. It should be fantastic Smile
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This Sunday Oct 4th. Always a great turn out with a lot of fine performers mingling and sharing.You will see and run into many close up and stage performers who always are availabe and have been present every year this is held.Lets not forget the great line up this year, the lectures and the close up shows.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings:
Mary Pat and I are packing the car now as we are heading up later this afternoon.
If you have not been to a Metro Magic convention before, definately go to this one, you will not be disappointed.

Just a shameless plug; the double faced Queens for McDonald's Aces (done with Queens) arrived yesterday so I will have them at Metro tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing many old friends and new ones.
All the Best
Marty
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Martini. It would be great to get to meet you tomorrow along with anybody else here Smile I think David Corsaro will be there so it will be a great time.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
As usual, excellent convention. Look forward to Metro Magic 6.
I shoud've picked up some of those queens from Marty but forgot. Next time.

Paul.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hey Paul. Great dealer demo Smile
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Any stories from metro magic???? good???bad??? what was the killer trick of the convention??? how were the lectures????

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Convention was fantastic. A "few" Café members mingling around too. The lecures were all great and you had to get something out of all of them. Very informative, fun and workers by Bill Wisch, Tony Clark, David Roth and Johnny Ace Palmer who was on fire this day.They were all fantastic and although we all have our favorites, I must state that Johnny Ace was in fine form. It shows why he has won many awards over the years, actually going back over 20 years now. Bill Wisch had faboulous ideas on double lifts and a fake classic force that made all who saw it say "why didn't I think of that"! He had lots to offer during his mini lecture. Bill has been in the game a long time. A true gentleman.Tony Clark had great ideas on timing and misdirection, obviously learned many years ago from Slydini and honed to perfection. Tony had a good time with the audience and was sharp with his humor, something I didn't expect. He also discussed using doves, caring for them etc but he also had a lot more to offer during his lecture. Rope escapes included.His coin work was awesome too. David Roth did his winged silver coins across,hanging coins and all the others you wanted to see and see we did. As usual, David was a master with his magical coins.All of these performers also did the evening close up show,rotating between 3 small rooms doing their close up set. Its a great set up. 3 small rooms with spectacular seating and viewing, very intimate. The performers rotate room to room and the audience stay in 1 room. A great idea and not a bad seat anywhere. Again, all performers in great form doing their thing. All did fantastic as expected. Mingling around was Meier Yedid, Doug Edwards,Mike Rubenstein and many others who tend to show up most every year. This was the 5th metro-magic.com convention and number 6 is already in the planning stages.The dealer room was buzzing with the latest and greatest and there were 'specials" happening throughout the day. See metro-magic.com for all the past present and future events around this 1 day close up extravaganza. If you have never been to this, you must attend!
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I was bummed to miss this one this year. Smile Hope my schedule allows me to see the next one next year. Sounds like you all had a blast!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Metro-Magic #5 coming Soon!!!!!!! Oct 4th (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL