The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » How can I learn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KnuteTheClown
View Profile
New user
Crothersville, IN
1 Post

Profile of KnuteTheClown
I have been clowning/doing magic for over 8 years now, but I am beginning to be interested in sideshow stuff, and would like to start developing a show based on this stuff. The only thing is, I cannot find resources anywhere to try and start learning, none of the clowns that I know now do any sideshow stuff, and there aren't a lot of entertainers in my area to begin with, I know the whole thing about revealing secrets on the forum. I'm not asking that at all, I am just curious where I can start learning about these arts. I have seen the Coney Island school, and that wouldnt be bad, but it is out of my budget at the moment, maybe in a few years I could do that. but are there any good ways to at least read up on it? Hope I didn't ask for too much info.
Thanks,
Adam/Knute
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5109 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That you realize you should learn in person, rather than from a book, is a good thing.

There are two formal programs: Coney Island is one, and they teach several times a year. I teach once a year.

Think of your budget for training, as an investment.

There are some shows that will train you, if you're traveling with them.

In the meantime, there's a lot of material here. You won't get through it in a day.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Find Buffo the Clown. He lives in central PA and does a strong man/clown act, he used to be a cop and has a radio show now. I had the opportunity to work with him a few years ago at the PA Fair. He didn't know it, but half of his act is sideshow as I told him. He is the best kid worker I've seen.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » How can I learn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL