The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Look what I found ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I didn't even know this was at the fair.I was so busy doing my thing that I didn't get away from the booth much in the 12 days.The two times I did I went to jackpot with Pete.

The James E Strates shows were on the midway but I never got to walk it.(pitching is a hard grind)

I don't don't even know whos show it is...anybody know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJl8INs5YeM

Enjoy!
Later,Don
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Jack Constantine.

I
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Constantine has had that show out for years. A number of seasons ago it was playing a fair at the Yonker's racetrack. There was a terrible storm that blew down the show. The top was lost, banner line ripped up and displays were distroyed. Estimated damage was $137.00.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hahaha...Todd on target. haha.

The Tates are hilarious (2:04) but quaint and I love the Ball Python! (about 4:90)

He used to have a couple of my pieces but they got wrecked. (I didn't use the TOUGH Pygmy Meat stuff I use now and 'somebody' needed to take better care of their Treasures.
(but didn't).

Todd I will be smiling for the rest of the day on that comment. Very funny. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Takeshi Yamada put a lot of work into Constantine's diffrent shows over the past few years.

By either painting all new banners for a lot of his Single-O's or improving his current museum exhibits or adding new ones.

The only thing in the video that Takeshi is responsible for is the doctored up shrunken head.

I know he had a VERY big chup in the museum but one of Constantine's guys put a flood light bulb in in the light socket and melted it beyond repair.

Brett.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I got to work for Constantine one year when WOW took a break from the PA Fair. Really nice guys. We did a blow off behind the tent, it was amazing.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
Jack has 3 shows at the Utah State Fair, the little woman show took some heat from the local Newspaper about having a person with disabilities being exploited.

Inspite of the negitive press, I think it helped their gate.

A lot of folks were asking where the little woman show was. They had a good location and their boxes was only a buck.

Over all the whole fair was down this year.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Jack was always a gentleman (though loud...haha) and fun to talk to. He always had terrific fronts.
Haven't seen his shows lately.
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
World Smallest Woman,

Utah State Fair, article from local Newspaper about having a person with disabilities being exploited.

http://www.sideshowworld.com/UPFM-UtahStateFair-2009.html
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I heard things were down at Utah this year. Over here in Puyallup, we are hanging in there with our tye dye and stuff. Can't afford to put in the museum too...heard that one food guy was down a 100g's I wish I saw those kind of numbers... Can't complain, but its never enough.. Ah life on the road. We close Puyallup next Sunday and then its off to Phoenix for 24 days in the sun. We will have both the museum and our product booth there. Right in the heart of economic downturn central... gunfire and gang fights Oh what fun to be had by all. I wonder if the spamobile will be across for us this year--at least then we get something to eat!!
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Serious question: Did anyone ever believe that Tates were real?

They look like bad fourth grade art projects.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Jack had a "5 legged" sheep. It was really a giant chunk of un knotted hair that they sheared into a leg shape. Unless you got close enough to pet the (live) animal, you wouldn't have been able to tell.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
I heard on the Utah news this AM that the fair did OK, but I heard from the show folks that they were down 50 to 75 percent.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Tates: I always had that question in mind...I think that the viewr did not process them that way...they were just 'weird' and it was thought that if the showman thought they were real then whatever. They always had a certain primitive charm to them. My favorite is the 6ft Cannibal Tom. I had one in my museum and David (formerly of S.S. Adams) recently bought one for his collection.
Be sure and see:

http://grindshow.com/grindshow/shrine_of_homer_tate.html

Notice the Red Head Mermaid. Smile

Homer was prolific and made a lot of showmen a lot of money.

I couldn't be more proud than be considered today's Tate. He was brilliant.
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I would love to own a Higley version of every Tate gaff that was in his catalog.
Maybe, it might take me years and and about 5 grand, but the dream has been ignited.
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
A letter from a woman who visited the Woman on exhibit at the Utah State Fair.

A little more heat about the World's Smallest Woman........Fair Owner gets the heat.

Concerning the exhibiting of the "World's Smallest Woman" at the Utah State Fair, the Tribune's David Burger asked "Is it going too far?" ("Sideshow strife," Tribune , Sept. 16). Lina's situation makes people uncomfortable for a good reason. She sits for 12 hours a day as an object on exhibit, not a woman who might long for things like respect, dignity, friendship and meaningful employment.

Lina is hidden from the public by the carnival owner to protect his income. She is denied the right to move about the community, to have privacy and to speak on her own behalf. Lina has been placed in a position of dependence and social isolation, robbed of self-respect. John Hanschen, co-owner of The Mighty Thomas Carnival, would like us to think that Lina is making a living the best she can and has chosen this role freely. However, by placing Lina in an inferior and undesirable role and controlling her independence for monetary gain, he is exploiting her.

A true advocate would recognize Lina as a valued member of her community and provide her the opportunity for independence and self-respect.

Salt Lake City
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Look what I found ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL