The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Kostya Kimlat's !WARNING (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
What The Audience Sees:

”This Friday was suh-weeeet! You know why? Fire. That’s why. Jamie was in our office and showed us this lighter he had just bought and explained how he hated that Warning Label sticker that comes on them. So he pulls it off the lighter and asks us if we want to see something cool. “He!!s yes!”, we said. Well, he actually sets the Warning Label on fire, no kidding! The thing goes *poof* but, get this, it reappears back on the lighter in a %^$%$^^# flash!!! I don’t know what else to say! Lighter, sticker off, fire, sticker on. It was awesomely crazy!”

How It Went:

You could probably go outside, right now, light something, anything for that matter, on fire and get a crowd. People love fire. It’s that simple. Now- go outside, light the sticker on your lighter on fire, and make it magically reappear back on the lighter and you’ll get a crowd that’s going crazy, lol. And it really is simple!

Holy Smokes I love this trick! (Ha, ha, get it? I said, “Holy Smokes” and we’re talking about fi...ahem...never mind). It totally rocked it all day Friday. It’s just such a brilliant way to introduce something that we all know plays so well. And people just couldn’t believe the restoration. Almost every single person or group I showed this too demanded to see the lighter after. They just couldn’t believe it. Well done.

Best Lines:

”That was HOT!”
-I think about five different people all said the same thing, lol.

”Gimme that! Baaaam, that was nuttolo!””
-Nuttolo?

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

“That looked pretty good, Grant. For a *&^&*% *$&&&&*$.”
-I obviously can’t write what those last two words are, lol, but they were his usual abuse. I’m not sure what to think, to be honest. I’m almost positive he knows what f%#$% paper is, but there’s no way he’s seen !Warning labels. And I think the “move” might have slipped him a bit. Let’s say, 3.5/5 as he didn’t toss out any explanations.

My Rating:

Well, I love this effect and absolutely love that I now have a good reason to bust out fire. Combine that with the fact that I think Kostya Kimlat is an amazing person and we have a total winner in my books. 10/10 . I mean, c’mon, it’s freakin’ a fire trick for Pete’s sake!

Reminded of that, I can’t express enough how well this is going to play for paying gigs. If you’ve ever used a Fire Wallet, you know the attention it gets, and how much people enjoy it. Well, for me, I think this will be even better. I don’t have to worry about filling anything or having a massive flame to deal with. Every performance will be a quick flash that exists in a magical context. Fantastic.

The JDG Tip:

Read it here!

Closing Thoughts:

Kostya is one of those people who deserves every success he has. If you ever get a chance to meet him, do yourself a favour and talk with him for as long as possible. You won’t regret it, I promise.

Have a great week, everyone!

Jamie D. Grant
http://www.whatizit.net
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Kostya Kimlat's !WARNING (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL