The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Telepathy in Action (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
..... there of course is an argument as to the difference between being in a trance and being hypnotised. Some believe it's the same thing. I don't.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
.... I suppose, by definition, that's a fair comment. Therefore it should be moved either to a pvt section or penny for your thoughts where we are allowed to talk of fake methods.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Agreed, Telepathy in Action has a great deal more subtlety than Dr. Q. I also strongly recommend Act of Imagination by Enrique Enriquez. I also love the Invisible series by Enrique but these are not intended as performance pieces per se.

Ford Kross is well worth the looksee.
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
What about the part called "Stage Hypnosis for Mentalists" found in Art of Mentalism 3 by Cassidy.
He describes a very coercive technique for making the volunteers act as he wishes.
any thoughts about that?

Mark
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I am deeply impressed with all of you who have performed the TIA routine. Each of you has must respect (for having that much "juevos"). I have always been intrigued by the notion, but never tried it as written. This thread gives me a lot of encouragement though.

Thanks,

Sean
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Sean,

Any detail you need, just e-mail me and I'lldo my best to push you over the edge

However, as simplistic as it may seem, if you read the original work - and even better if you read also Enrique or Jerome or Ford takes on it - you know everything you need to know - the last part is DOING IT!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
LOTH,

I would be interested in your resources, could you pm me?

I have been in TIA heaven with Jerome's and Enrique's resources in building a new routine. I would love to incorporate your thoughts as well.

I have been working on the last part you recommend to Sean above...DOING IT! And I LOVE IT!

-Scott M
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
... I just printed out (my ebook edition) of TIA and am committing to study this anew. Thanks again for the encouragement.

With regards,

Sean
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 07:11, Mark Timon wrote:
What about the part called "Stage Hypnosis for Mentalists" found in Art of Mentalism 3 by Cassidy.
He describes a very coercive technique for making the volunteers act as he wishes.
any thoughts about that?

Mark

Similar approaches have been described by performers such as Eddie Bourke in Britain. There is no doubt this is a strong way of getting people on side. It works. I use a similar, though less forceful, approach when doing my induction: "I want you to imagine, visualise, or pretend" is repeated about three times during my induction. But after re-reading Bob's thoughts, I might try his way. It strikes me that his approach will work best on smaller groups of subjects, not the twenty or more you might get on stage during a college gig. But I like it.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
This may be obvious to some, but for me, in the understanding of this act is in the development of the premise and how I am to present this. Making the premise fit into who I am and what I do must be believable for me. So that when I am done, I can even offer assistance in developing skills that match up with my premise. I have an overall 'theme' of my presentation that makes this congruent with who I am and am capable of doing.

Also, discovering my premise has helped in how and to whom I will target my performance for and in what ways it will enhance their other programs, workshops and entertainment.

Just a thought or two for someone wondering, "How the heck am I gonna make this work?"

-Scott M.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Just keeping an update on what is available for someone researching TIA...

Jerome Finley has a new manuscript out for awhile now called Performers Choice (PC) and in it has Telepathy in Action of which is his take and is DIFFERENT than what is being released in his Thought Veil course (Telepathy in Action My Way) of which really takes this to another level.

Also in PC is Walk Around Telepathy In Action and another called True Telepathy In Action. All have different components to make this a very convincing bit of entertainment...and even for real.

Recently I added the original by ordering Orville Meyer's version and have to add that it is a must have in putting it all together...and Jerome mentions this in his manuscripts as well.

I have been doing parts of this in practice for a whole routine (as recommended by LOTH in a post above) by leading with some pendulum work and am coming up with my own version for starting TIA. I hope to aquire Paolos version if it is possible. If not...I am having fun with using my imagination with what it would be like.

TONY B...if you are reading this...how are you doing with your routine?

Jerome...thanks again for wonderful material and advancing TIA!!

LOTH...thanks for your posting, as it has caused a web effect in my mind of other possibilities, something your work seems to do.

-Scott M
CFI
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of CFI
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a copy of the book by George Lyman, that is mentioned in Orville Meyer’s booklet Telepathy in Action. Meyer speaks of the tile of the routine or the title of the book, Exploring the Labyrinth of the Human Mind? I have run into a stone wall trying to locate the manuscript. Thank you for any help you may have.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I could find nothing on Lyman's book, either.

But now I wonder: Did Meyer's comment (on page 8) about "this book" refer to his own "Telepathy in Action" and the reference to "Exploring the Labyrinth of the Human Mind" was simply the name of Lyman's act and not a book at all?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2018, B.W. McCarron wrote:
I could find nothing on Lyman's book, either.

But now I wonder: Did Meyer's comment (on page 8) about "this book" refer to his own "Telepathy in Action" and the reference to "Exploring the Labyrinth of the Human Mind" was simply the name of Lyman's act and not a book at all?

Inquiring minds want to know.

There is no a Lyman's book, "Exploring the Labyrinth of the Human Mind" was the name of the act Orville witnessed several times.
Regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Telepathy in Action (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL