The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to buy envelopes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
docbike
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of docbike
I am looking for a supplier of those small envelopes that would fit a playing card and that have the flap on the short side. You know the ones, that are recommended in every book from Anneman to Looch. I can't find a supplier in Germany and google doesn't help me because "those small envelopes that would fit a playing card" creates no valid search results. Could anyone help me to find a supplier? Thanks D.
Man muss zuerst etwas können und später etwas wagen, dann geht's!
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Google for pay envelopes.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
WHsmiths in England stock them.

Try their website, they ship to any country.

M
Axelchen
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
390 Posts

Profile of Axelchen
Hi D!
try Stolina Magie (www.stolina.de) and type in "Banknotentüten" and you will find 10 tüten for 3,90€.

Greetings from/to germany!
Axel
docbike
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of docbike
I know that I am buying expensive magic props... but I become closefisted when it comes to items, that are sold in small quantities for high prices, when I like to buy them in bulk sizes. 10 envelopes... they would not last one weekend. But anyway thanks for the hint Axelchen.
Talking about WHSmiths Matthew... seems that they don't sell them online. At least I can't find them.
Irfaan Kahan
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of Irfaan Kahan
Stationary Shops?

I bought a box full of pay envelopes (when I was going through a mentalism "phase") for cheap at the stationary store. I haven't counted but there must be at least 100 in there.
I'm a Magician playing the part of an Actor
docbike
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of docbike
Stationary shops is a good idea ... But they do not sell this item in Germany Size "C7" is available but the flap is allways triangular and on the "long" side. And the wage envelopes I found are shaped more like a square (108x102mm) and I am looking for rectangular shapes.
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
294 Posts

Profile of askernas
I purchased 2 boxes of pay envelopes on ebay. 500 in each, I think ..

They have lasted a while .... Smile

I purchased #3 Coin Envelopes, 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"

search for "kraft coin envelope"

Just make sure you have an envelpoe that fits what you are putting inside it. The ones that are just barely the size to fit a playing card, are usually VERY narrow inside, so if you wantto be able to remove thigns with ease, you need to go bigger than the one I got .. you CAN fit a poker sized card inside, but not with ease!

What I did was, going to Office Depot's website, and finding out the exact envelopes I wanted, then I just searched for them on ebay.

There are plenty of sellers of everything on there.. and even if you have a seller that normally doesn't ship to Europe, it never hurts to ask ..

I have only ever been turned down shipping to Sweden once by an ebay seller ...
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12310 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes, coin envelopes
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
362 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I bought a bunch when I was visiting London. I haven't found them elsewhere in Europe. But a colleague of mine found an online source in Europe. I'll post it as soon as I've got the details.
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
362 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
This is a link where you can buy pay envelopes. It's a Rotterdam based office supply store. You can order online. Pay envelopes = loonzakjes. You get 1000 envelopes for about 35 euros.

http://www.hummelman.com/finalcat.asp?cat=5&sub=9
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you want the pay/coin envelopes that you get in most magic dvds and effects, you'll have to buy via ebay...they are very rare in europe for some silly reason...
I've asked to be banned
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
362 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 15:42, IAIN wrote:
If you want the pay/coin envelopes that you get in most magic dvds and effects, you'll have to buy via ebay...they are very rare in europe for some silly reason...

See my previous post for a seller in Europe. I think 1000 pay envelopes for 35 euro is a good deal. And they are the kind of envelopes that are the size of a poker sized playing card and the flap on the narrow end.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Greg Arce posted these handy links earlier this month (in this very same section).....any of these sites might have what you need:

http://www.envelopemall.com
http://www.actionenvelope.com
http://www.thepapermillstore.com
Quote:
On 2009-09-02 18:37, Greg Arce wrote:
My pleasure. I've been helped many a time when I'm looking for something so I guess this is my payback... or pay it forward when I need it again.

Greg

Pay it forward....
Paul R
View Profile
New user
Londinium
80 Posts

Profile of Paul R
I went through the same thing very recently.

I eventually bought mine from here:

http://www.overstock.com/Office-Supplies......uct.html

They're not actually based in the UK, although it does look like it. International shipping came to about $30 I think.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
If you have a "China Town" area near you, try to find a supplier of the little red envelopes used for gifts of money at weddings and for New Year's celebrations. They work great for coins, bills, billets, cards, or whatever.
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Docbike

They used to be called "pay envelopes", but now they are called "coin envelopes".

Tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 16:07, Bartelli wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 15:42, IAIN wrote:

See my previous post for a seller in Europe. I think 1000 pay envelopes for 35 euro is a good deal. And they are the kind of envelopes that are the size of a poker sized playing card and the flap on the narrow end.

I agree they are roughly the same size, BUT! they are not the Kraft/Mead quality of envelope that we all know and love...they are (only in my experience) very hard to get in the UK, and I've heard its the same in most parts of Europe...

the paper often used is 100% recyclable and a darker, dirtier looking pulp paper for most european wage envelopes...

as I said, I just get mine via eBay these days, you don't have to pay $30-40 shipping that way...

the only saving grace is Rymans - who make traditional letter envelopes - but in tiny sizes, which has its own benefits entirely...and they come in high quality paper, and different shades too...very nice...
I've asked to be banned
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3959 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Bartelli, thanks for your link! And just a little question: Is Holland in Rotterdam?
;) Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to buy envelopes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL