The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tennessee State Fair Closing? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
http://www.whnt.com/news/sns-bc-tn--nomo......00.story

Tennessee State Fair may be closing after 103 year run.
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good jackpot"

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
http://www.tennessean.com/article/200909......+by+rain

Another story on the Tennessee State Fair.

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
Sorry...you'll have to copy and paste that first link.

Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"A constant down pour of rain has kept several people away from the Tennessee State Fair this year.

This year, organizers expected the fair to be bigger than ever as a new company joined the event to turn things around. Attendance at the fair has not been what organizers hoped for, but this year has seen record numbers in attendance.

"We had a great opening night. The first couple of days was great. We had 34 percent increase from last year, which is great," said Buck Dozier, executive director of the State Fair"

Are people today out of ther freakin' minds????? Tell this jerk mayor to go pound sand. SEVERAL people didn't show? Oh wait 34% INCREASE? Record Numbers?!!
And people give this Mayor credibility? Folks have to start standing up to these political hacks and morons that steal their money and their life style and threaten the good things in life. Some things don't make money...so what...I'll bet 90% of what that city puts TAX dollars into doesn't 'make money'. Time to write a letter again.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Add Arizona State Fair to the list. Rumor according to one fair manager that we know is that the ASF is on the chopping block again. It managed to be saved from the executioner a few years back. But now with the state "X" millions in the hole, the axe may finally fall. We shall see if this is the last year for the fair or not...

We head out there again this year for our fourth year. Really sux, but its the last bite of the apple before winter. We will have both the our upgraded musuem and out product booth. If you need a tie dye and need to peek at some strange things, the fair opens October 16th and runs through November 8th.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I was unaware that so many "State Fairs" were government-funded events.

SC's State Fair has always been run by the State Agricultural Society.

It's a private, non-profit organization that receives no tax money.

SC's State Fair usually makes a small profit and gives away college scholarships.
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hello Cholly:

NOW! that's the way to run a fair! South Carolina has the right idea! Something has to happen very quickly to save our state and county fairs. I think they should use South Carolina's Fair as a template to save a great part of our history, some of these fairs have been in continuous operation for over 100 years or so. If we don't do something quick, we will have no place to show, and we will be left performing at church bazaars .

ROD
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hey Professor:

How are you doing? I wish you all the best at the ASF. Lets hope the ASF is around for many more years to come.

ROD
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
We are doing just fine, thank you for asking. We are currently making out way south. Sitting here at Exit 99 here in Oregon. For those that know, you know where I am.. We will be stopping home in NOrthern California for about a week to make more tie dye...I will be building a new ticket box and then we head down to ASF for fun in the sun... ugghhh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tennessee State Fair Closing? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL