We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Routine DVD Recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
What is your best recommendation for a DVD that teaches a few advanced non-gaffed coin routines. A DVD that teaches a great coins across, and / or maybe a 3 Fly. I'm enjoying learning some routines with a sh**l and a flipper from Troy Hoosier. But I think I would like to learn a couple of great non-gaffed routines as well. What would you recommend?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4183 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=315007&forum=111#7. Volume one has the three fly and non gaffed co routines you are looking for, and many more varied non gaffed routines on all the others.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Thanks Michael - Great recommendation. Vol 1 looks just like what I was hoping to find. Is this just a static camera videoing a lecture with multiple guests, or has this DVD been edited with close ups, etc.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4183 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
No,these DVD's are NOT a summary of the seminar we give. They are high quality DVD's with no filler - just solid routines shot in a studio setting with two cameras, as well as bonus material containing performances, discussions, and snippets culled from the seminars that go more into the theme of the particular DVD's, as well as selections from our special guests. You can see clips on our website, or on youtube. Vol 1 is a 2 disc set with over 4 hours of coin magic. You can also check out Curtis Kam's and Reed McClintock's DVD's all with killer non gaffed material, and L&L has a coins across DVD comprised of routines from various DVD's that they sell. We have some people coming up from your neck of the woods to our next seminar, you might want to check that out as well (another topic in this section).
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Sounds great Michael. Okay, it is officially on my soon to buy list. Thanks for the good information.
Tony
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
HI Tony I sent you a pm love to hear what you think later.
Everything Mike has said is right on. can't go wrong with anything he suggested.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1278 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Agreed, it's great stuff!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8882 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi Tony, I know you mentioned a DVD here but if you're not against Downloads, Tim Feher has some wonderful non-gaffed routines for you on http://www.VinnyMarini.com

Tim is a great teacher, get's hundreds of miles out of regular coins creating some amazingly fun routines. Nothing expensive here, not hard either, just real good magic from a great guy and exceptional coin/closeup magician.

I hope you give it a look-see, it's some great stuff. Smile

*Also, the Godfather Vinny here has a monthly tutelage going on in his unique NO GAFFS ALLOWED "Full Access," a great effect every month fully explained. You should check that too on the same website. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I'll provide several references:

Gary Kurtz-Creating Magic
Gary Kurtz-let's Get Flurious
Garrett Thomas-Any Questions
Rune Klan-3 Pieces of Silver
Eric Jones-Mirage Et Trios
Curtis Kam-Palms of Steel/Palms of Steel 2/Palms of Steel 3
CoinVention DVD
Shoot Ogawa/Apollo Robbins-Cultural Xchange 1 and 2
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Tony,

Shoot me a PM with your address. I will send you a little known DVD chock-full of coin magic.

Mabuhay from Manila!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
You guys are all way too nice. Thanks for the good advice. Rannie - I sent you a PM. And Tim - thank you much for your help.

Great advice MB and Eric. Thanks...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
NY Coin Magic Seminar (Vol. 1-10)
Curtis Kam's Palm of Steel, Fists of Fury... series

Now if you want to fine tune your sleights, Get Michael Rubinstein Encyclopedia of Coin Magic (it is really unvaluable

To make your tricks really magic, get Al Schneider first three DVDs
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1243 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I have received some coin magic from Tim Feher, Rannie Raymundo, and I have purchased New York Coin Magic Seminar (Vol 1). I think I have plenty to keep me busy for a while... The New York Coin Magic DVD's are a great investment. There is a lot of magic on these disks.
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Doesn't "As I recall..." have Slydini's coins thru the table and one coin routine?

Cellini's Slydini Lecture DVD also has Slydini's Coins thru the table followed by his one coin routine for sure.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
463 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Anything Eris Jones puts out is top notch, and worth it's weight in gold.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Routine DVD Recommendation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL