The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Inspiration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
A lot of people say they were interested in magic when they were really little by a uncle with a magic coin or a magic show. just a question, did anybody become interested in magic later in life? if so how? I talked to a guy the other day who started doing magic when his kids were born and hadn't had any interest in magic previously. I was just wondering.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Some have suggested that intitial interest in magic comes from a desire for social recognition -- to find a unique niche within a peer group. True or not, the 'magic bug' can strike at any age. There are posts here from people who only started when they retired, and some in prison with little else to do. What seems important is that someone cannot be forced to do it, or that it this 'desire' is passed on genetically.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
My interest started about 10...

Got the bug again in college...

and about 15 years ago at age 40.

First experience was one of my older cousin sharing the "Wizard" card/phone routine.

It is nice to be an inspiration to budding magicians, ventriloquist and more recently harmonica players.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
I liked it as a kid, then quit as music was taking up all my time. A few years ago, started again to help quit smoking.

I was going crazy, looking for something to do with my hands. Then I came across Modern Coin Magic at a bookstore, and dropped into Browser's Den of Magic. Now I'm hooked far worse than I ever was to the cigarettes...
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
Flamel
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Flamel
The judge suggested it Smile
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
As a magic 'dealer' for over 37 years I can tell you that folks become interested at ALL ages from very, very young to just before they shuffle off their mortal coil.

I have know hundreds of old guys who picked it up on a lark to show the grand kids or to be able to entertain folks in homes for the sick, infirm, etc.

Happens all the time. Very wonderful really,
Brad Burt
othelo68
View Profile
Regular user
North dakota
174 Posts

Profile of othelo68
Cool stuff thanks for the response
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Inspiration (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL