The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » CD manipulations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hi guys,

It's me again, with new questions on CD manipulation. From what I gather from the Café, it seems that the only source would be John T. Sheets' CD manipulation.

I have heard something about Murray John Sawchuk's Cd magic act. Does he actually publish some lecture notes or books about CD magic? I'm aware this is not very likely, as I have searched for them on several online magic dealers. If anyone has some ideas for souces of CD manipulation, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
never try, never know
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Graham Kirks book 'Jumbo Coin Manipulation' has a big section with lots of ideas for CD's. It's quite good.

Have you got the John Sheets stuff?? If so, what's it like??
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Not yet, but I've heard some reviews elsewhere, & gather some positive & negative reviews about the book. Anyways, thanks for your info on jumbo coin manipulation. I will look into it.

thxs
never try, never know
Steven Best
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
14 Posts

Profile of Steven Best
You could take a look at Murray's website... he does sell some products, and has some lecture notes on the site.

Murray is a great guy, I'm sure if you email him he'll point you the right way!

http://www.murraymagic.com

best of luck!

-SB
Steven Best
Vancouver, Canada
www.StevenBest.com
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
I don't like them.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
You don't like CD's? or the stuff from Murray??
magicpro
View Profile
New user
montreal
51 Posts

Profile of magicpro
The CDs.
Masilon
View Profile
New user
Milan-Italy
53 Posts

Profile of Masilon
Maylor,
where could I buy a copy of Graham Kirks 'Jumbo Coin Manipulation'? Thanks.
ilkaytercan
View Profile
New user
TURKEY
2 Posts

Profile of ilkaytercan
If you watch J. McBride's World Class Manipulation video's coin section, manipulation with jumbo coin, you can adapt this routine to a CD or jumbo coin routine. It give you lots of clues about how can you manupulate a CD.

good luck,
Smile
ilkay Tercan

My Love is My Magic
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Masilon.

Not sure, I got mine ages ago, I'll see what I can find out for you though!
Masilon
View Profile
New user
Milan-Italy
53 Posts

Profile of Masilon
Thank you Maylor. I can't even find his name on Yahoo.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Unfortunately, he's no longer alive. The books were limited edition, but I'm sure you can still get one from somewhere. I'll let you know.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of wally
Wanted: any information on CD manipulation.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
i don't like cds eather magicpro
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
The book is now available through Magic Books by Post (UK). HB for £25.
Masilon
View Profile
New user
Milan-Italy
53 Posts

Profile of Masilon
Thank you Maylor.

Luca
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
As writer of John T. Sheets' CD Manipulation Manual, I have a couple left for sale at $25 plus postage... or they are still available from John or Denny and Lee. The essence of this book is a complete routine for producing four CDs then vanishing them. As written, the routine is silent, to be done to music of your choice. Many of the moves are easily adapted to other routines. Posting a statement "I don't like them." is not real helpful to the magic creators of the world. Tell us more of the specifics of your objections.
If you were to see a movie and simply say "I didn't like it," we would know nothing about what aspect of the movie was substandard... the plot, the acting, the actors' appearances, the lighting...etc. If you don't like CDs, perhaps this routine will change your mind!
Omnibozo
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I don't know if my post would be too late for you to read but I stopped performing after Graham Kirk died and only recently restarted. I learned from him and have a copy of the book and should be able to find another since I know his family quite well.
His CD routines when he performed them were excellent and the sleights were great.
Let me know if you got hold of a copy or if you may need some help.
magician@highveldmail.co.za
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » CD manipulations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL