The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Se7en Shades - out now! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Greetings Brethren
I am excited, proud, humbled & terrified to annouce that Leaping Lizards are releasing "seven shades" this October.
Dean has posted in "Latest & Greatest". I feel like a new dad again.
This Sunday sees me turn 40 so I may be quiet for a week as I will be in sunny Kem (or Egypt as I beleive it's now known). My deepest thanks go to Dean & Kotah for their influence, advice and input.
Yours
Steve
I.M.
[
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
And a wonderful book it is. I would like to give it a proper review, but at the moment my time is severely limited. Steve, I promise to do so when I can!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Steve, you should be proud! It's an awesome book, or at least the first half is. . . I haven't quite finished yet. But I will! And I'll post more later.
What would Wavy do?
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Steve,
Your book Seven Shades is great! Bizzarists should buy it without hesitation.
I think Magicians have a lot to learn from you.
Cheers
Roni
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Steve, how grand! I am thrilled for you that your work is finally off the press.

Happy birthday, and thanks for the present you have given to the magic community
in the form of "Seven Shades "

May it be the first of many.
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Still wait the release day ...
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
It has been released and has shipped!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
winewizard
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of winewizard
I'm in--just ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads up
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I recently received Seven Shades by Dr. Steve Murray, and I am delighted with it! I have watched some of Dr. Steve's videos, but I was unprepared for the quality effects of great practicability in his book. His tales by themselves capture one's imagination immediately, and the magic is carefully woven into the plots. These are effects that make you want to run out and acquire the props so that you can begin working on your presentation. The subtitle of the book says "Practical, Bizarre & Storytelling Magic." They are all Practical, Bizarre and Tell Stories, and they are certainly Magical. The first effect in the book, "Memento Mori," in which a spectator divines three modes of death, including his own is very impressive. The frightening nature of the final revelation is beautifully handled by the author. Even the Pam Am Flight 103 Lockerbie crash is carefully dealt with and manages to involve several spectators. Practical advice abounds and the effects are quite diverse, meaning that there is something you will use on almost every page.

I wish I had the time to do complete reviews of this and Paul Prater's book, but I just don't have the opportunity right now. I highly recommend Seven Shades.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
You know, you do the right thing and buy from the original source at a special intro offer at $25 plus shipping for one item, then one week later it's cheaper at HP, in fact $22.95, WTF!
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

I think their price is an error. Their retail is $10 less that the actual retail. Also, Murphy's does not list it on their site yet so not sure where they got the price info.
<BR>
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Steve has created some really great routines here with excellent stories, sequencing, and impact. I had the great pleasure of watching him perform at our Tabula Mentis meeting, and he did many of the routines in Seven Shades. Memento Mori and Lockerbie stand out as the most spine chilling, and all from such a fine young man as well!

Nice to see this material published and especially by the Lizards Smile
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Thanks Todd... I would LOVE to see Steve do these routines... They are wonderful!
<BR>
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Memento Mori is just straight up evil! I like it a lot.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
My faith has been restored, yes it was an error. I'm looking forward to its arrival. Doc Steve is certainly one of the creative thinkers in this field
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
In 4 days it will be the 10th anniversary of my death on the transplant table
A brief death to be sure. Thankfully I have survived long enough to read Seven Shades. Momento Mori touches me deeply.
Al of the tested and performed routines in this book are excellent !

Kotah
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-10-13 14:47, KOTAH wrote:
In 4 days it will be the 10th anniversary of my death on the transplant table
A brief death to be sure. Thankfully I have survived long enough to read Seven Shades. Momento Mori touches me deeply.
Al of the tested and performed routines in this book are excellent !

Kotah

We've never met but I'm glad you're still kicking Kotah. You've shaped my idea of "bizarre" for sure.

Leaping Lizards is just churning out the good stuff. Can't decide to get Book of Shadows or Seven Shades first.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Let me say, in all sincerity, Kotah is one of my oldest and closest friends in magic. More like family I would say in many ways. My dear friend, you have no idea just how wonderfully glad I am that you are still kicking, still around and I hope it will be for many more years to come.

Ron Dayton, Kotah- has inspired Steve, Myself and many others in the world of bizarre magick... aside from amazing contributions in the magic world in general.

We are lucky to still have you around my friend!
<BR>
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Hi guys
Firstly thank you for all the kind words. I hope to have a special gift for all who have bought the book.

Secondly warmest wishes to KOTAH and his continued contribution to our world and art. Ron has given me permission to post a little something which I'll do much later tonight on this thread - stay tuned as they say.

Finally, I have to apologise to all readers that a major part of the book was missing in the final print - that is, the Foreword by Brother KOTAH. I've only just learned of this and I'm absolutely gutted. KOTAH, and his good friend Mr Dayton, have both been major influences, and I count myself as extremely lucky to have a) 'met' my hero (virtually at least), and b) NOT to have been dissapointed, thus scotching the old saying about never meeting them...

Right, I'm off to order Paul & Tony's books; how much like a pretender to I feel...
Steve
I.M.
[
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I just wish to say that Kotah has been one of the greatest influences on my magic. I cannot fully express my gratitude for all I have learned from him. Ron, thanks for it all!

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Se7en Shades - out now! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL