The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Act in Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Hi!!!

what do you think its the best act in Mentalism ??
From Kreskin ? Dunninger? Osterlind ? Maven? Banachek?......etc.

Of course its that its subjective... but I wanna listen ...ups ... read your opinion.

bye!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Derren Browns Q&A in his evening of wonders show was close to perfect. I never saw Kreskin live, but have seen clips. He seems very close too.
What inspired me to do this were shows I saw as a child where the first hour was mind-reading, and the second hour was hypnosis. I love that idea; strong mentalism and hypnotism in the one show. If the mentalism had been stronger and prop-less, then those shows would have been perfect.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Its wonderfull also the work in Derren....

More classics ?

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Slim Whitman!
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
The Evasons blew me away... Ross Johnson has a killer q&a... John Cesta is a cool guy, I dig what he does too.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I like stashu's work!!....inspiration....
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I like Stashu & Kambiz, but only when they work together as a duo, with their code act.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Paolo, your a gentleman!! You are always ready to assist those in need in the mentalism community and for that I am always grateful. As a result I rescind my stashu vote and offer it humbly to Paolo instead....sorry stashu, it was fun Smile

Kam
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I am hoping the best mentalism act will be my show on Oct. 25. However, if that is not it, then it certainly has to be Paolo or kambiz, but only when they work separately and ditch the code act.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Slim Pickens?
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Jajaja
why and how do you considered a good act?

in Oct. 11 I had a show in a local theatre (40 mins) "Mysteries of the Mind".
I think that all acts need 2 things .

1. Entertaining Factor
2. Astonishing Factor

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-09-25 21:37, robwar0100 wrote:
I am hoping the best mentalism act will be my show on Oct. 25. However, if that is not it, then it certainly has to be Paolo or kambiz, but only when they work separately and ditch the code act.

Bobby

You clearly are misinformed. I and Kambiz have never used a code act. When we worked together we only performed great illusions,,, Of course we were so cheap that we bought only rip-off versions, poorly made, and we were stealing ideas from David Copperfield and Franz Harary... but at least we spent just a few hundred bucks for all the set... Smile

I just felt it was right for me to come in and clarify this so that people wasn't left with the wrong idea that Kambiz and I were at any point of our career performing a code act.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Paolo,

I stand corrected. But you might want to contact the authorities to find those two guys who did a code act using your identities.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

I will. Thank you.

I just don't stand dishonest people (other than Kambiz and I).
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
PABLO, I agree with you, entertainment factor and astonishment factor are both important, but in my opinion the most important factor is a "connection" with the audience.....entertainment plus astonishment with no connection means poor show, IMHO Smile

JOHN, your 2 word answers throughout this thread are 1. hilarious, 2. astonishing and 3. connecting with your audience (stashu) who voted for you in the first place.

PAOLO.....ahhhhhh, those were the days, cheap performances and cheap women....and what do you mean there was no code act?

Kam
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Craig Karges is a name id like to throw out there. See his show if you get the chance. The rest of the names listed are all great! Hard to choose really.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Quote:
On 2009-09-25 23:03, kambiz wrote:
PABLO, I agree with you, entertainment factor and astonishment factor are both important, but in my opinion the most important factor is a "connection" with the audience.....entertainment plus astonishment with no connection means poor show, IMHO Smile

JOHN, your 2 word answers throughout this thread are 1. hilarious, 2. astonishing and 3. connecting with your audience (stashu) who voted for you in the first place.

PAOLO.....ahhhhhh, those were the days, cheap performances and cheap women....and what do you mean there was no code act?

Kam

yeah, rapport for me its important too. I'm psychology student, and this its vital thing in clinical settings also.
But hilarious for me its a part for the entertainment factor. My character isn't Mc King with a billet in my hand (an exageration jeje), but if my show its too hilarious ,loose strong in my mind

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Orson Welles.

jaja.
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
I would agree with Tony that Derren Brown's Q&A is pretty outstanding. That or Berglas's or Marc Paul's ACAAN.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Act in Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL