The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Act in Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Quote:
On 2009-09-26 10:34, Chris H wrote:
I would agree with Tony that Derren Brown's Q&A is pretty outstanding. That or Berglas's or Marc Paul's ACAAN.

ACAAN in Marc Paul or Berglas hands its an act??
because in my mind "act" its a series of effects.
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Someone mentined the Evasons. Great two-person code act. The second most impressive piece of mentalism I have seen (behind Derren's Q&A).
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
I agree, the Evasons blew my mind, whether they used codes or not, derrens q&a blew my mind, whether he had envelopes stolen from the basket, or not, don't care how either were done, they both left me mystified.
FredZimmerman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of FredZimmerman
Ir may be more fruitful to transform this conversation from who do you think has the "best" act, to who is your "favorite" act, and why.

"Best" is totally subjective. It's like asking who is the "best" actor; it's an impossible question to answer because it is nothing but pure opinion and emotion, but the question solicits an answer that is "definitive." The two don't get along very well.

However, it would be very intersting to hear which acts people FAVOR, and why. This leads into a discussion of what made them so memeorable for each person, and from this, we can ALL learn lessons.

Just a thought.

BTW, my favorite mentalist is Ross Johnson because he is very direct, and his blindfold, leading into his Q&A, is a study in making mountains out of mole hills. People really believe he's psyhic when he's done.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Also what kind of act ... Live ... TV ... Radio? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Too difficult and subjective to answer ... but I'll give it one more go ...

Slim King!!!!

J

PS: That's my final answer

PSPS: Sorry Slim, should have been my FIRST answer

PSPSPS: To all the Slims in the world I apologize if I left you out
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Does what a bunch of other mentalists thinks really matter....... I think the best is only that which laymen pick. ive no idea how to find that out though..... criss angle?????
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Hide out in the bathroom after a gig and listen to what they say about you and other entertainers they have seen.

j
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
What the hell is wrong with a code act? It's light, gets through revolving doors and plays big. Why else do a mental act?
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Act in Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL