The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A great way to carry your coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Hey Curtis,
It's been a while. I'm not sure if it'd fit a dollar sized Okito. I think it might but I have no way of telling. It also may be a little snug.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
UPDATE: I got my hands on one of Jamie's Carriers, and while the bad news is that you can't get a dollar sized okito box into them (I know that's a disappointment to what--five guys total?) the good news is that that's about the only bad news.

Jamie's Coin Carrier will hold six silver dollars, and a seventh odd dollar sized coin in the "outside section". That's enough coins for an evening of table hopping, if you have any sort of repertoire, or all the coins you need to do Slydini's whole routine. There's something nice about that, and the fact that you can carry, in complete stealthy silence, all the coins you need to do Reed McClintock's "Seven the Hard Way".

But I digress.

The design of the Carriers is close to that of the "coin pouches" that John Bannon talked about in "Impossibilia". In other words, the "lid" of the Carrier opens out to form a "tray" into which the coins in the Carrier can pour. This makes possible a number of interesting things, which John describes in his book, and shouldn't be repeated here. Suffice it to say that there are many possibiites.

Where the Lid/Tray in Bannon's "coin pouches" is held on by friction, Jamie's Coin Carriers snap shut, with (at least in the one I have) a very solid and secure snap. This is a good thing, because you can feed a strap, a ring, or some other device under the strap before you snap it shut, allowing the Carrier to hang from a belt loop or act as a key fob. Even with seven dollar sized coins packing the Carrier, the snap holds the weight securely. Imagine that--just about everything you need to do all the coin magic on Palms of Steel 4: Cashablanca on your keys.

Speaking of Cashablanca, there's a move involving a coin purse that's important to the "Greatest ($3) Show on Earth". Can you do that routine with a JCC? I"d say you could. Takes just a modicum of thought.

So there are old moves that you can do with the JCC, and there are new moves that you have yet to invent. The old methods for false placment into a coin purse might not work as well with a JCC. On the other hand, most loading moves look as good, if not better. And the tray allows you to do the routines standing up without a table. Can you do Doug Brewer's "Famous Three Coin Trick" without a table? I think you can, if you've got the JCC.

Oh--mine has my name pressed into the leather. I understand that Jamie can do this for you, too, and I reccomend it, even if you use your own name instead of mine.

So far (I've only had it since this afternoon) the JCC's a winner. More news as it happens...
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Don't know if these came up, but you could try these. They will hold dollar size.

http://www.caselogic.com/digital_media_c......id=58599

(Got mine at Target for $4.00!)

Just a thought.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » A great way to carry your coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL