The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black and White Surprise (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Does anyone own this effect.I saw it a while back and thought it looked cool but that's it. Then I went to a magic shop this past wednesday on vacation an it looked awesome. If you don't know what I'm talking about you can see it at http://www.magicsmith.com . Basically the effect is this:In one hand you show a white chip. The other hand holds a black chip. Close both hands and, when you open them, the chips are red and blue. The spectators are convinced that you simply turned the chips over. Now wouldn't that be a 'chip' trick? Show both sides of the chips again then close both hands. When you open your hands the chips have changed to green and yellow!Do it again and they cange to red and blue.
If anyone owns this PLEASE post a review.
Thanks,
Zack

I just found a demo here- http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=331 You can kind of see the workings but it is at a bad angle.When I saw it,it looked great.
Zack

The video is of a different trick but same effect.Also can anyone tell me which is better, Black and White Suprise or Color Deception Brass.I'm probably going to get Black and White Suprise because it looks better made.
Zack
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I had this effect but then I sold it cause I didn't really care for it. I'm not saying this was a bad effect, I just didn't like it.
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Excellent effect. I do it in all my walk around situations. Great because it is examinable at the end and also acts like a garden path effect. I have both black and white suprise and color deception. I recommend color deception for the simple reason that I really like Magic Makers products.

Joey
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
Thanks Trikcard,Do they both work the same?Other than the reason you mentioned,which is the best?
Zack
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
It's a very good effect. Very popular with laypeople because it gives them a chance to 'figure it out' but still has a very nice, simple climax. It's a no-brainer as far as they're concerned.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
This is a fabulous effect. I believe the effects are synonymous but the quality is much higher with Black & White Surprise. Personally, I'm a bit of a brass poker chip fanatic and own many single and double chip versions of this effect. Extremely visual magic with a climax finish.
Kamal
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Kamal
I love Black & White Surprise!

If I found the same qualities in a woman, i'd marry her.... well built, with great performance...
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
made entirely out of brass...
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
Haven't tried it for a while but it did get a good response. Reset has to be done in private. From what I remember they come in a box and you have to present them in the box each time - you can't just be carrying them around in your pocket - unless someone found a way...

Graham
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Carry one in each pocket.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I love this effect! I customized a business card holder, made from aluminium, black, size of business cards and ... that's the best: real flat! Built a ma***t for easy reset in and that's the way I go! Have a duplicate of that in the other pocket and do the color change in reverse! Well, you need the effect twice, the second one must be changed with the colors - but that's quite easy!
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Black and White Surprise is excellent, and it can be casually examined afterwards. It is well made, and I highly recommend it. I do not have the Color Deception, but I heard good things about it. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Quote:
Reset has to be done in private. From what I remember they come in a box and you have to present them in the box each time - you can't just be carrying them around in your pocket - unless someone found a way...

Graham

You can carry them in your pocket in one of those dual plastic coin sleeves. Works much better than the box that it comes in.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
japanjazzy
View Profile
Regular user
Crestview, Florida
139 Posts

Profile of japanjazzy
I really like the effect the problem I have is I have done it so much that the gimick falls out with just a little shake. I no longer need to use a ma***t to reset. It makes for a quick reset but also keeps me for letting people look very close at it.
Michael
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
It looks like everyone is fond of this trick. Thanks to everyone on their info.I think I will be getting Black and White Surprise and Flight 204. If any one else has some info, your more than welcome to add it.
Thanks,
Zack
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Actually, I believe "Black & White Surprise" is made in solid brass by Per Clausen from Denmark who is one of the creators of the highest quality magic. I own a set of "Color Deception" by Magic Makers which is an inferior immitation like their "Golden Key" when compared to Viking's "Kineti-Key".
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
Yes, Black & White Surprise (original) is made in solid brass and it comes here from europe.

pierre
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I have color deception and it is a quality item. though I understand kamillion koins is supposed to be the best on the market. Also my presentation is not very good if you come up with something good this trick will fly much better than it does with me.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On 2003-08-27 03:59, bielke wrote:
Yes, Black & White Surprise (original) is made in solid brass and it comes here from europe.

I have Black & White Surprise and like it very much.

Dumb question from hre for someone who understands magnetism better than I - can Black & White Surprise be carried in the vicinity of other coins and not wear down? I am thinking of storing and using it in a High Caliber Holster pocket with Holy Moly or Coins a pocket down and am wondering if this is foolish. (I do understnad I'll need a PK ring and some privacy to reset.)

Thanks.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I love my black and white surprise. I think the covers can scratch and for that reason it is best to keep them in the case with the foam for longer storage. For an evening out it is probably OK, but the covers are thin metal and I would just be careful.

Great effect - as long as you have the good set from Europe - Belgium if I recall.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black and White Surprise (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL