The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Reversed Svengali? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Can somebody tell me the name of a reversed Svengali deck? I mean a Svengali deck, but the force card is the long one. And if I glue the short card on top of the long card, so when you peek - you'll always see the long force card, does that kind of deck has a particular name?

By glueing I mean a drop of glue in the middle of the two cards, so the short card cannot entirely lifted up, but only halfway (from both sides). The cards are glued in pairs.

If this description doesn't ring any bell at all, I'll suggest calling it the Teiresias-deck
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The Reversed Svengali has been around a while. Main advantage is letting the
spectator cut the deck and peek the card. Not sure of the advantage of the gluing.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
The advantage of the gluing is that the cards stay in place, so you are sure that the small cards are always slightly back on both ends.

Show the cards that they are all different, put a rubber band on them, 'throw' the deck into the audience, and let a spec. peek.

Is this just called 'reversed Svengali'? That's all right by me, but I thought that someone came up with a more sexy name than 'reversed'.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I believe you are looking for the tossed out deck.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of Tom G
For tossed out deck, there are many options and deck types used.
tomcards
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
363 Posts

Profile of tomcards
Zebaztian,

Yes, it's called a Reverse Svengali Deck. They are available at Cards by Martin. http://www.cardsbymartin.com/store/

Tom Frame
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2753 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Tom you may want to revamp your answer...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Sounds interesting, but is it easy to handle?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
266 Posts

Profile of tstark
The "Reversed Svengali" has been around since c1930 and I believe was originally the Frank Taylor peek deck. Variations have been around which allowed for the selection of two cards which were forced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Reversed Svengali? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL