The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Voices E News letter/yahoo group (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Ok, I am playing around with an idea to start a Seance Yahoo newsgroup (Spirit Theater is the current name for the group:[outdated link]

It is not up and running yet; just the shell is up. Also, I'm starting a newsletter, called Spirit Voices, first issue out end of this month-more of a basic overview.

I am probably not the person to be doing this, but I so love seances, but yet it is always hard to find a place to discuss ideas,methods, reading lists and concepts. This is in no way to replace Seance Magazine. It's more like the Shadow network (wish I was a member), just a place to share ideas and then have a little newletter.

Is there a need for this? Is anyone even interested in this?

Kevin Smile
MisterE21
View Profile
Elite user
Salt Lake City, UT
426 Posts

Profile of MisterE21
I, personally would be interested. I don't think I'm the person to be running it either though. ::grin::

I think you'll do fine at it...somebody has to do it! Smile
Your EFFECT is only as good as its AFFECT.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
463 Posts

Profile of rgranville
Forgive a little confusion on my part... I can understand the desire for a newsletter, but isn't this very corner of the Magic Café a good place to discuss ideas, methods, reading lists, and concepts? Smile
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I agree with you to a certain point, however every time the subject comes, those involved in the topic end up PM'ing/Emailing one another, to avoid exposer, which limits the creative process. A good example of that would be say, Never Trust a Demon, a rather nice efffect, that works really well during a seance (slight changes mind you). But for those who just discover this effect find a serious problem (one of the key components is not made anymore), one has to come up with another method. I really do not see anyone discussing the solution in an open forum.

Again, I am not tring to replace any list or group. It is just an idea I am toying with. If there is a need, I will try and fill it. If this goes up like a lead balloon, then I will scrap it.

Kevin Smile
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Kevin,

This would be a good forum! I think the exchange of ideas, effects, and stories to supplement the seances would be of great benefit to all who use spirit theatre and to a lesser degree bizarre magic.

I will definitely apply as soon as you are set up to join.

Thanks for your efforts.
Dave
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
If you build it, they will come.
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
You can count me in.
Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Lamberto
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of Lamberto
I'll also join the group when it's going on-line. Keep us informed.
Sean Lough
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
214 Posts

Profile of Sean Lough
Not sure where to post this, but I thought as this story is about memberships...

Personally, I think our UK bretheren are responsible -- and hats off to them!

[outdated link]

S. Smile Smile Smile
lyndonwebb
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of lyndonwebb
I'll definitely join as I have a few ideas to bounce around. Smile
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Hi Sir T and others,

Just wondering if the Yahoo group is a go?
I clicked on the link and no such group came up.

If it is desired, I would be interested in starting the group and having a moderator or two involved.

I'm taking a back door in to the the bizarre area and seances, tarot readings etc.. kind of building up a following with a web site,
and soon cable show by way of public access TV, as it's directed toward believers in the paranormal and tarot, scrying, new age stuff etc.. It's called 'The Unexplained World' (see link below for web site and marketing concept), and has a nice little following already.

That will be my personal marketing, but as I said, I would be interested in creating a Yahoo Group just for us.

Take care
Ed Shanahan Smile
http://theunexplainedworld.com
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
ELS,

I think you better PM Sir T. Check out this link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......14&1

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I do not know if this is the same group, but I did find this one:

[outdated link]
ELS
View Profile
Regular user
Chicagoland area, IL
191 Posts

Profile of ELS
Quote:
On 2003-06-29 20:51, Terry Holley wrote:
ELS,

I think you better PM Sir T. Check out this link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......14&1

Terry

Thanks Terry,

It's a shame that it happened that way.

Ed Smile
Were the border between the natural and the supernatural will be nothing any more but fuzzy. http://edwardshanahan.com
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
[outdated link]

is basically the group's new name. The group has just started out and I recommend anyone who is interested in Seance magick and has an open mind should join this group ... I did.

Hope to hear from some of you there.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit Voices E News letter/yahoo group (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL