The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Received my much anticipated new IQ from Promystic a couple of days ago, and its even better than I had hoped.
I don't think I am exposing any secrets by telling you how it works as IQ is advertised and sold as a thumper type cueing device, and many thumpers have been around in various guises for years. The world and his dog know what a thumper is?
- yes its a big rabbit with long ears!

This latest offering to the magic fraternity, is made by Craig Filicetti"s company Promystic, Craigs kindness and helpfulness are legendary so I need say no more about his excellent customer service.

IQ costs around $299, but only about $175 to existing MD users as it shares one of the same "little black bits", so there is a big cost saving. and to be honest I think this is an absolutly essential purchase to add onto your Multi Dimensional.

Those of you that do own Multi Dimensional will know just how tiny that "little black bit" is.
- well the new IQ hand held tr-------- is identical, the same size but with the addition of two small buttons on top, A (short buzz)and B (long buzz), so your assistant can cue you with just about any code you choose,its a tiny device but very powerful with a big range that I estimate to be about 60 - 80 foot. Your assistant also gets a buzz feedback so she knows what number she just sent you, so she should not make any mistakes.
To coin an old phrase often used in magic, "the effects possible with this amazing device are only limited by your imagination", - but its absolutly true,
for instance my assistant can cue me with any playing card that a spectator chooses from an ordinary ungaffed deck, while my back is turned, and I know the spectators card in 3 or 4 seconds flat, simple clean reliable and invisible, and there is so much much more I can use IQ for.

To say I am pleased with IQ is a massive understatment, and for existing MD users its at a bargain price and is a "must have" add on.

Score; 10 out of 10.

- Hit that "buy it now" button quick!

Steve
Andy Carando
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Andy Carando
Hey Steve ,
Thanks for the Great Review. All sounds good, Ive got most of Craigs products and having some real amazing times with them. Cant wait for this one... to add to the arsenal. I wish the "buy it now" button was up and running. Im ready to THUMP IT!!! Andy
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Sounds very cool
MMark
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, AB, Canada
39 Posts

Profile of MMark
I've ordered from Craig before and must say that his customer service and product quality is top notch. He provided the fastest international shipping I've ever seen and always responded promptly to phone calls and e-mails. I have MultiDimensional and love it.

Mark
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
This is really tempting. Multi Dimensional is my #1 mentalism effect.

Does IQ come with any presentational ideas?

Robert
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The modular concept is just brilliant Craig. So easy to add on.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Using IQ in Thailand has elevated me to cult status,- I said CULT Marko!

I cooked up a little bar room routine with my blindfolded dart board score revelation, it fried em, - seems impossible but very easy with IQ.

Steve
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Those who have this can you expand on this through a pm? Thanks so much.

Mike Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think his website says exactly what it does. but if you're not 100% sure, feel free to pm me
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Andy Carando
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Andy Carando
Thinking of ordering IQ shortly anyone got any clever ideas for its use?

Andy
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
For impromtu magic, you have your confederate in place. you hand the group a deck of cards and you turn your back, they shuffle and pull out one card, they show all of their friends and shuffle it back into the deck. you don't even turn around and name the card. of course, the presentation piece wouldnt be that boring, but you get the idea.

You have a sharp nail and 3 styrofoam cups in which someone will hide the nail underneath one of them. you turn around and smash all but the one with the nail (kurotsuke)
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hello!

Thanks for the responses above and sorry for the late response on my part. I was looking for more info on routine ideas with this. Above are some good ones. With two signals one short and one long what else can be accomplished?

Mike Smile
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Just think of the current effects you perform and see if having someone buzz you would help enhance the effect. Then think of some effects that you would like to perform with a confederate and make it happen! Biggest thing is, do you have someone to consistently work with you?
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

I have a person in the pub throw a dart while my backs turned, then I announce the score with my back still turned.

With cards I have them shuffle and deal 48 cards out facedown onto the table,
six rows of eight cards, fourty eight cards in all, easy numbers to deal with.
- while my back is turned the spectator picks up any card, shows it to there friends, then replaces it face down, I then let my hand hover over all the cards, I find the posistion of the specstators choosen card, and name that card, correct posistion, correct siut, correct value! - impposible, but with good presentation totaly beleivable.

Again in a bar, I have six different drinks lined up on the bar, with my back turned, I ask the spectator to take a drink just a sip from any, with my back still turned away, I describe the taste, like its an orange flavour, non alcoholic, fizzy etc, yes you are tasting the Fanta Orange.

You can do the same as above with six different flavour sweets if you don't frequent bars!

There are so many miracles you can do with this.

Steve
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I just placed an order for IQ. I'm sure it's well made and functions well, unlike the last piece of #%*! I bought(loud,poorly made piece of #%*!)

I have no worries about Craig Fillicetti's products. They are well made and work very well!
Andy Carando
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Andy Carando
Hey! GREAT to have a few ideas flying around for this device keep em coming it helps us all come up with better routines. I have been using a proximity tag in a marker pen as a cueing device but about to order THE REAL THING! andy
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Anything by Promystic is a good investment.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I agree.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thanks for the above suggstions! I have been very good at keeping my tricks secret however my wife figures things out or drives me crazy until I tell her. So naturaly she could help me with this. She doesn't go to shows though because I have two little ones at home.

I love the ideas for using this. I WILL be adding this for sure. Time to start selling some items!

thank you for sharing your ideas. Keep em coming! Smile

Mike Smile
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Looks like I'm going to have to get IQ. There really do seem to be unlimited possibilities with this.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL