The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I think a visual readout option, in addition to a vibrating "thumper," would be a definite improvement, particularly for those communicating with multiple vibrations/thumps!

DK
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
We have a motion, all in favor?

I am! Smile
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I'm actually talking about a second receiver, one that would display, for example, numbers digitally, instead of giving off "good vibrations." This second receiver would also be modular and would be able to display visually the various numbers sent by MD, IQ, etc.

Although my partner (my "second") doesn't need (or want) such a visual display, since she is the sender of info, my second will, in a second, second my motion to ask Craig to create a second receiver.

DK

P.S. The visual display idea is not my original idea, but came to me from another Café member who I understand also originally came up with the modular receiver idea.
Andy Carando
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Andy Carando
Its a good idea but where would you put it?
I thought a great place for the original receiver would be strapped on your microphone ....but didn't work as the buuzzes were amplified to everyone. lol
But it could work with a visual display I suppose. thoughts!!! Andy
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Well Andy, you could hide the LED receiver anywhere that's visible to only you, like your table or case,dozens of possible hiding places really, even hide it in your shirt top pocket and look down onto the display,(i did that with Tim Wissemans LED reciver).
Putting it in your shirt pocket is the most conveniant for most folks I think.

Craig is it possible?

Steve
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
The breast pocket of your shirt or jacket would be a good place, but an even better place would be on the DIAL of a WATCH. For example, the final digit of the LED display of the time could actually be the code 0-9 sent by your secret assistant.

There are many ways a watch face could surreptitiously communicate the necessary info to you. And the entire electronic workings of the receiver would nicely fit inside a watch. It could even vibrate to signal you, too, as Ron Frank and Tom Kracker know so well.

In addition to the IQ, were the modular receiver contained inside a watch, it would be in the ideal place (and right out in the open!) to get the proper Proximity read. Having both a vibration option AND a visual read-out option would provide maximum security that you have the right read. Not sure what message you were just sent?--just check your watch!

DK
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
920 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Dark Knight,

I love the WATCH idea!!!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
This is great news! I'm saving to buy IQ so this just made me soooo much happier.

Craig's incredible. I hope he can make it happen. Smile
JSRovner
View Profile
New user
Southern California
34 Posts

Profile of JSRovner
Last night, in a seemingly impromptu performance at a family gathering, I scored a Promystic trifecta. First, my eight year old daughter and I used IQ to perform the old Kreskin routine. There were 10 people at the party, so my daughter and I prearranged a code for each of them. While my daughter was out of the room, one of the 10 people pocketed a dollar bill. My daughter returned, asked each person whether they had the dollar bill, and instructed each of them to say no. She then revealed the liar who had the bill. I then did the Proximity effect with a Chapstick with several of the folks. Finally, when it was clear that gaffes played no role in any of this, I brought out Multi-Dimensional and pretended to use both facial expressions and voice to divine the number on the die by lie detection. Playing God has never been so easy. Thank you Craig!!!
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I spoke to some "in the know" people and the watch idea might not be possible. According to the people who know quite a bit about this technology they say it's just not there yet. Would be cool though! I wonder what's up Craigs sleeve. Smile

Mike Smile
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I'm saving for one, Steve! Hoping Santa treats me nicely with lots of cash presents. Smile
kenwebster
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kenwebster
Mine should be here tomorrow. If its as good as the other stuff I have had off Craig I am sure this will be the dogs bo****ks !
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6123 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
There are some codes and routines in the 7thSense Code that will work with any thumper. Many top pros including tv mentaists have purchased the code along with the original thumper.

Now the code is available on its own for a limited time. And would be useful for the IQ.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&4
kenwebster
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kenwebster
Craig, you are a genius ! Arrived today and I am buzzing !!!!!
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

A perfect effect with IQ is to have a set of 10 ESP cards, give spectator 5 for her to place in any order face down on the table, Psychic then places his 5 cards face down in front of the spectators cards, - then spectator turns over one at a time her ESP cards, as she does this Psychic does the same, as each card is turned it is seen that the Psychic has correctly predicted all her 5 choices. Spooky!

Steve
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3671 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Hm, for this effect I would know a cheaper solution.... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Jan,
maybe a m,,,,,, deck. ok same result .......
But is it as clean? no way! plus that's just for starters with IQ, then there are so many more imposible things you can do.

Steve
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6123 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
With IQ do you mean a thumper in general? Why would it be cleaner than a m.... deck?

Seems to me a poor use of a thumper there are so many very realistic imposssible routines possible.

A better and more dramatic use would be someone drawing the symbols ob flipchart way behind the mentalist who is blindfolded and names them for stage. Or reproduces the random order symbols from way at the other end of a room or better still in another room.

Better still reproducing a random drawing. A simple thumper can be made to look like the real thing.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11906 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
MP isn't that a rabbit?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3671 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2009-12-05 21:15, mindpunisher wrote:
With IQ do you mean a thumper in general? Why would it be cleaner than a m.... deck?

Seems to me a poor use of a thumper there are so many very realistic imposssible routines possible.

A better and more dramatic use would be someone drawing the symbols ob flipchart way behind the mentalist who is blindfolded and names them for stage. Or reproduces the random order symbols from way at the other end of a room or better still in another room.

Better still reproducing a random drawing. A simple thumper can be made to look like the real thing.

Yes, that's it. Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » IQ by Promystic / Craig Filicetti (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL