The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Power Levitation by Payton Hightricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bhappie
View Profile
Regular user
B. Happie Entertainment, LLC
124 Posts

Profile of bhappie
I have read all that the Café has to offer so far on the Power Levitation by Payton Hightricks. The consensus is that it can't be good due to the low price and shotty advertising. However, I believe he is from Iran? so his English is not great and the cost of making the illusion would be lower there.
What I want to know is, has anyone actually seen or does anyone actually own the trick?
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3490 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Do you have a very strong back?
I'd not count on getting the assistant in and out of position easily either.
And with Illusions, you really do get what you pay for as a rule.
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
I to would like to know more about this levitation. I did order one product from this company in Iran and found it to be fine. There is no doubt that it costs a lot less to built something there. The mark up in the US is much higher on many things. This is not to say we shouldn't buy US products that would be my first choice, however the fact that its not high priced from Hightrick does not mean it is not a quality illusion. There is obviously more postage costs from ordering from there and you have to wonder about service if needed.
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
My question for you (TennisPro) is how you were able to purchase something from Iran? (I am assuming that you are in the USA.) We have tried to purchase something from them and since the US does not allow any trade with Iran, it is not possible to transfer funds or receive any shipments from him.

I would be interested in knowing how you made the transaction.

Thanks
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
There's a similar illusion called "The levitator" om Dream Concept's website that I'm saving up for. I considered the hightricks illusion but The advertising looks terrible and I know they often sell pirated effects. Both illusions require you and your assistant to be reasonably fit.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1434 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Although, I cannot speak from personal experience, I have heard from many a magi that Dream-Concepts is a horrible company. From issues with props falling apart to never shipping product, to stealing people's money. Again, I've never purchased anything from them personally as I have heard way to many bad things about them to do so. Just a friendly heads up. Smile
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
GD it! Does anybody know a reputable dealer that sells this type of levitation system. I don't care how much it costs I just want a reliable source for this illusion!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3490 Posts

The *concept* for this method of assistant levitation is as old as the hills,
if you and your assistant are in top physical shape,
and worked out smooth movements to get into and out of the suspension position,
I suppose it could have practical use.
You can find plans, to build it or have it built, it’s even in old U. S. Grant plans.
It must be built carefully to avoid problems or accidents.

Walt
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
That's what I mean. You cheap out on this illusion you'll end up seriously injured
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
One thing that raised my suspicion is that the description says it can be done in underwear and surrounded. There is only one levitation that can do this but then you can't perform it in a cornfield... Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
Steves7 I am not sure what you mean that you can't buy anything there. I used Western Union amd its been a few years so I don't recall exactly but I think it was (the money) wired to someone in California. When the package arrived it was definitly from Tehran, Iran and was marked as such (I just when and looked because I kept the box. Unless there is something new (my order was 2 years ago), having to do with current sanctions, then its not true that something cannot be shipped from there.
Mox
View Profile
New user
Denmark
1 Post

Profile of Mox
We are dealer here I Denmark. look at http://www.moxshop.dk, there are some illusions from Iran...nice stuff..
Ib
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2009-10-11 01:35, Mox wrote:
We are dealer here I Denmark. look at http://www.moxshop.dk, there are some illusions from Iran...nice stuff..
Ib

The floating flute looks nice but it weighs a 1000 pounds... Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
[/quote]

LAUGHING Well wouldn't that make the effect that much more amazing then, if you could tell the audiance you have a flute that weighs a 1000 pounds then it floats....
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Quote:
On 2009-09-29 12:35, bhappie wrote:
The consensus is that it can't be good due to the low price and shotty advertising.
Why people think this way is beyond me.
1) People have gotten too used to high-definition flashy videos to the point that anything else is considered inferior. Guess what, advertising doesn't have to be that way.
2) Perhaps the advertising is bad because the effect isn't out yet?
3) Prices are made up from several components - any of which could be the cause of the low final composite price. It doesn't have any bearing on how good the associated effect actually is. All it tells you is that the creator probably has a good sense of business because they're able to reduce costs.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
765 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Ha ha, that is a huge flute!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1652 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 09:35, steves7 wrote:
My question for you (TennisPro) is how you were able to purchase something from Iran? (I am assuming that you are in the USA.) We have tried to purchase something from them and since the US does not allow any trade with Iran, it is not possible to transfer funds or receive any shipments from him.

I would be interested in knowing how you made the transaction.

Thanks

Considering his English, he's definitely not from the States.
Ben
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3490 Posts

The useless Café thread on a useless prop, that would not die....

My Opinion,
Walt
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I have a gamalo and I am super pleased with the overall size, weight, and what can be done with it. I liked it so much I bought two of them.
It does have to be dressed up to look right.

I checked out all peymans video's on Youtube and lmao.

It's sad...

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-10-13 14:21, Silvio Solaris wrote:

Read that again, you missed the decimal point. It read 1.000 pounds. That means 1 lb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Power Levitation by Payton Hightricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL