The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » "Improved" Liquid Appear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
733 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I've always loved this trick (is there a quality version even made anymore?) I have the "D. Robbins" version: red metal can (with lid) with hole in bottom, and a BL glass and the fake.

I also have a cheap plastic "can" version including a fluted plastic glass.

So, I'm well aware of how this effect works. My question is regarding the "IMPROVED" version (i.e Abbott catalogs).

Prior to the liquid appearance in glass, the magi begins by inserting a wand through the can - from the bottom upwards (wand is pulled through the interior of can)...proving that the can is "empty". This followed by, perhaps, a silk production from the can...and then the climax: production of a glass of lquid.

What I don't understand - is HOW the wand is able to be inserted through the can at the start? My "standard" version doesn't allow that (due to the pre-loaded fake within the can). Is the "Improvement" the use of say, an "Okito Glass". Or am I over-thinking this?

I do want to be able to push a wand completely through the can at the start.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Feel free to reply here or PM me.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3471 Posts

Profile of Julie
Yes, the "Improved" gimmick is akin to an Okito glass.

Julie
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
733 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Thanks, Julie.

I found the prop for me to purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » "Improved" Liquid Appear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL