We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pictures from the Pier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I have just posted some pictures of me performing at the Santa Monica Pier this past weekend. There was a marine layer that didn't burn off so it was overcast and foggy all day, it was beautiful.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20......1&ref=nf
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Leeman,
Nice crowd dude!!!!!!

Bill
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Great crowd and great rig and staging setting, everything looks pro.

is there any footage?
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Nice pics!

Your pouch looks like something from the military. What is it?

I used to use a shotgun shell pouch for a while, then a converted shoulder bag after that for about a year until I finally bought one of Frank's.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I love the sign and the way it's hung from the table.. Also like jimmy said, your stage setting and crowd are nice..

I love doing smaller shows where the crowd is nice and tight around the table as in this shot here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30409778&id=1096752251

how long will you be in santa monica?
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Beautiful, thanks for sharing the photos.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I do have a video that I have been trying to get onto youtube, but since I am not computer savvy it hasn't been going well. I got the pouch from a military surplus store in Hollywood. I used to have a Gazzo pouch but it was too big. Then I used a waiters apron but I found it difficult to load from it, so I now use the army thing. I am not sure what it is called. I just went in and looked around until I found something that I liked. Some day I'd like to get one of Jimmy's pouches or one of the Cellini pouches. I got the idea for the sign from the Jimmy Talksalot blog, there is a ton of great info there. I perform at the Pier on Saturdays and Sundays as long as the weather is nice. Although for October I might not make it out there as much as I would like. I got a job working at an amusement park for there Halloween attractions so my weekends are pretty much shot.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Leeman
I checked out the photos, thanks for sharing. - That air looks pretty thick - Your stage set up is impressive and easy to work with and that audience appears to be really with you. If you get you clip onto you tube I would like to see it.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Great photos Leeman. Thanks for posting them. So here are my observations so far:

A Sign: I have found that in many videos/pix (not all) a sign was displayed in front of the table and/or bag. So I made my own Magic Show sign. I placed a copy of the Busker Permit on the back of the sign and laminated it.

The table: Again I have noticed that most (not all again) videos/pix show a table with a large surface being used. I have three different tables I use for different occasions. One is very similar to what I see in the pix - table top and waiter/keyboard stand. What I don't have is a large bag to hang down behind it.

A Rope: I first saw use of this on Kozmo's DVDs. An excellent idea. I need to go to Home Depot and get a large and long black rope.

Thanks everyone for sharing!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
Eddierush,

Aren't you supposed to be out Busking today! Smile

It is the weekend you know. Don't want that permit to go to waste now.

Metatron
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
So how were the hats?

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Hey Metatron,

I went down to the square prepared to do a trickle show just to get an idea of the traffic and the crowd. The square still had snow in it and there were very, very few people - still too cold I guess.

I stood in one of the walkway areas laid down the hat, and did The Thing (my favorite silent act - about 4 minutes long). A few people stopped to look. A few left money. Performed the routine 3 times with a 10 minute break (warm the hands). Total hat $6.50.

I thought it was very successful given that 1) I was performing in a smaller walkway and not in the main square, 2) it was still cold out - 45 degrees (compared to Washington state, it was probably a heat wave), and 3) I never made a hat pitch (except for thank yous), it was a totally silent act with lots of pantamime. Sorry, no pictures - next time.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
EddieRush,

Way to go. At least you went to work.

I didn't! Smile

Still cold here too.

Better Hats next time.

Later,

Metatron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Pictures from the Pier (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL