The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin routines that use a wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scody
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of scody
Hey Folks,
I am looking for coin routines that specifically use a wand.
I did see Cellini do some pretty cool things, but don't know of anything published.

Anybody?
Ungaffed is nice, gaffed is ok.
:)
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Bobo's has a few, but I think they use a Coin Wand. There might be one with a regular wand though. If nothing else, you could take some ideas from Cups and Ball, the Vernon Wand Spin/Steal, and the Striking Vanish to make your own. Good luck!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1683 Posts

Profile of mystre71
One of the best coin routines using a wand is David Williamson's "Money Talks" from his book "Williamson's Wonders" book. Also Curtis Kam has a version of Williamson's routine within his routine "Silver Circle" from Palms of Steel vol 1.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
In addition to what Joe said, the best wand and coin work is to be seen in John Carney's version of the Cylinder and Coins. The wand's not part of the method, just essential to the magic.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
The Ramsay classic "coins cylinder and cork" uses a wand. Amazing trick.

Yehuda
vpatanio
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of vpatanio
Chris Kenner's "Totally out of Control" has a couple of coin routines with a wand.

pg. 62 "Long Gone Silver" - 3 silver dollar vanish and reproduction routine
pg. 135 "3,2, One" - 3 silver dollar production and vanishing routine

-Vinny
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9086 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you include in "wand" any item held in the hand to facilitate the illusion of magic, then there are many fine effects in which another coin, a purse, even an Okito Box serves the purpose. I will soon be releasing an eBook on the use of a large Ring as a Wand with dozens of unusual effects. So, think of a wand as a concept rather than a stick.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
You could do coins thru wand if you know a Coins Across routine.
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
I have been playing for a long time with a pen as wand coin routine. Get one of the pens that look like wands, and the possibilities are endless. It makes a lot of coin work look ridiculously clean as the wand shades the concealment.

Play with it and you'd be surprised what you come up with
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
The Williamson and Kenner routines are great. They each use three coins and the wand. In the Art of Street Performing series Cellini uses a wand for a coin production. It's more of a transition from the vanishing wand to coin manipulation but it's a nice little trick.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Rune Klan has a fun routine where he uses a pen as a wand. Its on the Joshua Jay dvds.
Eric Jones has one using a lighter
I do have one using a lighter too as a wand.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Look into some Ross Bertram. He used a wand with coins quite frequently.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Here's a clip of some odd guy performing what could be a good routine with a wand in expert hands...
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Doug, be kind, that odd guy did a pretty good job.

One of the cleverest coin routines that really made use of a wand is in Jay Sankey's "Sankey Pankey". He started by doing a coins across with a wand between his hands, and then he offered to show how it was done, using a clear glass tube in place of the wand. One by one, the coins curled up small enough to fit into the tube, slid from one hand to the other, and then flattened out when they got to the other hand. Neat, funny visual, and the handling was innovative, too.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin routines that use a wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL