The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best quality hopping half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Has anyone mentioned Johnson Products yet?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
[quote]I just bought a Johnson set today & it's so good, I thought I was missing a shell when I got it out of the package! Click pass, yeah! but I'll have to think about how to ditch the real coins! I've noticed that you can allow the spectator to examine the real half dollar at a certain point!

Hi
After I take the coins back ,I look them it the eye and ask them if they have a quarter. As they start to check there pockets ,I say I might have one, and then I do the click pass.Now the f$#$er P@#%ed G@$$ed coins are brought into play. I then ditch the regular coins ,as I pull out a quarter .
Then I start the effect with three coins. I remove the quarter and ask them whats left in my hand . They'll say copper and silver. Now I say, your going to do pretty good at this. Now I start the real effect from the beginning,telling them that now it's going to be harder to follow even though I now using only two coins.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
Yesterday I did my switch, and the spectator who's a real skeptic said, "hold on I want you to use my quarter". All the heat was on the quarter .So I put my quarter back into my pocket and want on with the effect,using his quarter.
I really savored the switch because the spectator though he busted me, when he wanted his quarter used instead of mine.
I really enjoy switching the G@%%ed c00n's right in front of the spectator!
I also had people comment that they think there going to lose there quarter if I use it for the trick. I make a funny remark and say no problem I'll use mine.
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
james1234
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of james1234
Hopping halves is great, I much prefer it to gold and silver as the gold and silver just look like they are gaffed and people suspect them so much more. But on hopping halves its just great no one know how it works no one has ever had any idea how it works Smile
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hi,
I'm going to assume that the Johnson set comes with the expanded Kennedy s***l.
Is the s***l heads or tails on the Johnson set?
I'd appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.
Jim.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On 2010-01-06 09:10, jimmyj wrote:
Hi,
I'm going to assume that the Johnson set comes with the expanded Kennedy s***l.
Is the s***l heads or tails on the Johnson set?
I'd appreciate the feedback.
Thanks.
Jim.

It's a tail on the the half. Remember heads to heads tails to tails when assembling the set.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
edgegrip
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of edgegrip
I'm about to get tango hopping half.... this is going to be my first hopping half... hope I did the right decision on getting the tango hopping half...
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Does the Tango HH set use an expanded shell like the Johnson?
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
511 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
If you want the best, you have to go to Todd. There is no question about it. Forget everyone else, his sets are amazing. They are not cheap, but you say you have that already.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Who does Chris Kenner use for his coins? That would be the person, guy or gal to go to.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Todd is debatably the finest coin machinist in the world, however recommending his products (at least as purchased directly from Todd's website) is somewhat counterproductive.

Unfortunately, his stuff has become all but impossible to get, demand far exceeding supply. In the last year it's become almost impossible to buy anything from Todd's website or blog.

Todd's predicament is identical to that of Roland Christen at Astro-Physics telescopes, (handmade in the U.S.A.).
These are considered to be the finest telescopes made anywhere in the world. Every lens is hand figured by Roland himself (in other words, there's no having anybody "helping" Roland make the lenses, only Roland can make them).
There is a 10 year waiting list for these scopes (yes, TEN years) and that waiting list has many hundreds of people on it...................all of whom wonder what happens if, or when Roland dies.
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
Sorry I discovered this thread a bit late, since there isn't anymore index here like in the old days. I have a set of Tango, and they are not expanded you-know-whats. The Half Dollar is shaved and you can see the layers of nickel and copper around the edge. I've had my Johnson set for over 20 years and it is just now beginning to wear off on the copper you-know-what. I thought to buy Tango to give it a shot, but... hmmm... Todd is the best, but I do not feel it is necessary for this effect, as I am not impressing people with the quality of the coins. Johnson's is typical everyday coins which people can relate to. However, I have Todd's Morgan Flipper, Expanded you-know-what, and 6 Morgans and they are definitely the best buy. Todd rocks, when you can get his stuff. I hope he has a protegé.
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
I mean Search, not Index. Got my wires crossed.
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Best quality hopping half (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL