The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smallest locking reel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Good day,

Im looking for a very small reel with a lock. Preferably black. I would only need 2 feet of thread, that is relatively difficult to see, it will be for stage, but there will be moments when the thread will be in view with brevity.

As thin as possible, and the smallest circumference possible. I am aware of the search feature. ;o)

Warmest regards.

Farewell
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They sell retractable reels at Office Depot for name tags and ID tags. This should work for your inquiry.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/16......ID-Card/

To make it locking, Fantasio suggests putting a small rubber washer or bead on the thread. Pull out the line to just beyond your length, slide the washer/bead to the reel housing, now twist at least 3 times the line on itself. No release the line to the intake hole in the reel. It will stay until you pull on the line.

To my knowledge there is no thin line locking reel, they all use a heavy line. You must understand, there is no such thing as not being able to see a line. It all has to do you camouflage and lighting. If you see the line, that does not mean the audience will see the line.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Thank you.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
With that being said, I am curious about another possible element of the lock. Are there locking reels that unlocked via different means then pulling the line? Are there locking models which unlock when a part of the reel is pressed?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-10-05 00:14, DJ Trix wrote:
With that being said, I am curious about another possible element of the lock. Are there locking reels that unlocked via different means then pulling the line? Are there locking models which unlock when a part of the reel is pressed?

Walmart Kaymart also has the retractable reels, for 4 for $3 or so, and if
you find the right ones, the clip (if depressed) stops the reel if you apply pressure.
It is as good as any "pressure reel".

Click here to view attached image.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Pull the clip off, bend it out a bit and insert it back by putting in one of the two slots. The clip becomes a "stop" device. Now the clip is a "brake".
(photos by Magic Ian)
Large view of this
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_0B46t_apEV8/Ssm_t4......9195.JPG

Click here to view attached image.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:

No!
markis
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of markis
Quote:

Zebco
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Zebco?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Smallest locking reel? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL