The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Beyond ACAAN/ is it the grail? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I will admit the "orange" comment was a mistake- several other people mentioned that as well.

I saw a television show where the producer rater something "yellow" on a scale from 1 to square. I love the surreal quality to the system, and it amused me.

After I used it people commented that they thought the "orange" was the fruit, and round, like a zero. I thought that was reaching a bit but I can understand the confusion. So, I apologize for that.

The real rating was "Not Recommended" and I gave numerous reasons for why I felt that way.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you Ben for clearing this up with me an I apologize for assuming
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Ben:

1. Your comment is off topic: This thread has been create to talk about Beyond and not about Destiny 2.

2. In the version that you has already reviewed Beyond ACAAN is not present, why do you say not raccomanded if you don't have it? If I am extremely biased you are extremely biased in negative. Anyway Destiny 2 is changed.

3. Before your review, there was a lot of good review about Destiny 2 and I ask everyone that have already Destiny 2 if this pdf is raccomanded or not.

In order to avoid another influence by me, this is my last post on this topic: I am "extremely biased" in positive. I ask Ben to don't write any other post for the same reason: "extremely biased" in negative.

I want to see what is the opinion of the real buyers about Destiny 2. (I have a FREE copy of Destiny 2 and I am not a buyer)

Thank you very much.

M.P.

PS: - NO EXPOSURE PLEASE -
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
This is a very odd thread. As far as actual performing, pre-show or Barrie's impromptu version both seem fine, simple, and to the point... for me. Searching for better versions, or methods with stricter conditions... seems to be more of a critical thinking exercise than anything else. And that's great.

I see nothing wrong with using a certain plot as an exercise to stretch our thinking, as long as we realize it's just an exercise. To me, this is almost the entire point of ACAAN. ACAAN is a pretty decent effect for laypeople, but beyond that, it's just a great, fun puzzle for magicians to ponder.

Seeing different takes on a plot can be very helpful in developing your own style of thinking about magic. With that in mind, every contribution can be something to learn from. Vehemently disliking something can be just as (if not more) helpful in developing your magical point of view as absolutely loving something. Whether this makes it "worth it" to you depends on if you approach your magic from an academic standpoint or not.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
PJ Jeff . very well said.when some or most say they dislike your product and you believe in wha you are doing then make it better.
This is what Tommy has did he made his product better .IMO Tommy s very creative and very sensiive about his work,,,
my personal favorte of Tommys is his "criminal induction"
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
M.P.

If me not posting about Tommy's stuff means you won't post about it either, you have a deal.

B.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
My mistake, I posted in the wrong thread. The Dave I was referring to above is Dave Forrest and his ACAAN. My apologies for posting about it in the wrong spot, his is great btw.

luke
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
You'll excuse me, of course, if I offer my tuppence worth....

it seems to mer thart the thing id this: One's card is at precisel'y onr's nuimber - you seee?

Teh amnswer to hiuds has always presented itself to me -0 in a number of different says...

I've come to realise that thw truth is in the performner...and that, dear friends, is whoy most of you will now never eggsperience...

Butt, having saisd all that - I kiss you all fondly on the forehead and say 'yes' - it is you! ACAN is at the foot of your bed - it's right there....

...and be mindfull...the weak give up easy.

That is all.
Louis Cipher
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Louis Cipher
Wrong location!!!

I believe the correct location for this thread is 'Penny for your thoughts' because there are no reviews about the pdf, but only a discussion about Beyond.
Anyway there is already a thread about this effect here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&29

(_Louis Cipher_)
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On 2009-10-13 19:04, Dave Forrest wrote:

it seems to mer thart the thing id this: One's card is at precisel'y onr's nuimber - you seee?

Teh amnswer to hiuds has always presented itself to me -0 in a number of different says...

I've come to realise that thw truth is in the performner...and that, dear friends, is whoy most of you will now never eggsperience...

Butt, having saisd all that - I kiss you all fondly on the forehead and say 'yes' - it is you! ACAN is at the foot of your bed - it's right there....

That is all.

Too many pints?
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
As another very well respected magician once said to me: ACAAN is for magicians. A Brainwave deck is far more impressive to a lay person than counting down a card at a specific number.

Hate to admit it but he's probably right...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 02:28, pearljamjeff wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-10-13 19:04, Dave Forrest wrote:

That is all.

Too many pints?

No, that's how they talk in Scotland. BTW, Dave has some GREAT stuff. Can't wait till I get my Radio Rental DVD.

J
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Oh, and another thing ... there is no such thing as a GRAIL. Everyone has their own, too subjective. Never happen. Futile argument/debate. But fun nonetheless.

J
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2009-10-15 14:30, Cameron Francis wrote:
As another very well respected magician once said to me: ACAAN is for magicians. A Brainwave deck is far more impressive to a lay person than counting down a card at a specific number.

Hate to admit it but he's probably right...

ACAAN is for magician you are right, but if you have a good version where the magician performs it in the hands of the spectator without touch ever the deck, you give the illusion of a miracle. With the Beyond principle, I am able to perform ACAAN via chat on internet without to see the deck ever!!!! There are no similar effect as strong as this one. ACAAN is always the best mental effect with a deck of card. Just my opinion. Brainwave is a good effect like the Invisible Deck. The problem is that these effects is enough popular, maybe the layman has already this
deck.

-Antonio
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Antonio I love your effect brilliant
vinny
Come check out my magic.

InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2009-10-20 15:27, vinsmagic wrote:
Antonio I love your effect brilliant
vinny

Thank you.

This is not my effect, it is only an application of Beyond.

-Antonio
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I was speaking of the Third eye is that yours??
Come check out my magic.

InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
The Third Eye is not mine. It is good effect, but very easy to figure out the secret. Beyond is much more strong and clean of this one and you don't have to write nothing: You have just to ask to think of a card and number without force.
I understand that you look for the grail of ACAAN... The grail doesn't exist, but if it exists Beyond is much more better!!! Just my opinion.

-Antonio
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I was complementing on both effects , yes there is no grail, an i' am not looking for it only the closest thing to the grail.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Are antonios two effects - third eye and beyond - for sale anywhere?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Beyond ACAAN/ is it the grail? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL