The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for Ring and Amulet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,
While looking for props for my séance act I met a man who MAKES things. I bought a pendulum from him, although he never thought of using it for such a thing. LOL

I then told him that I was looking for a finger ring that was unique and different from the others. I told him that I tell stories and quickly told him about a finger ring that I found. His eyes widen when I told him that I found a human hand that had a unique ring on one of its fingers. His eyes lit up when I told him that I was wearing this ring on my finger. LOL

He got excited and told me that he MAKES rings and that all he needed was a drawing or photo! This got me thinking, and is why I am posting. I want to have a ring and Amulet made that really does look like what one would expect to see. Maybe a drawing in some old book that you may have lying around would work. Maybe you have a photo of such a ring or amulet used for spells and the like.

Since I am able to have a ring and amulet made, I really want it to look like it is the real deal. Can any of you gentlemen point me in the direction of finding a drawing or photo of any really unique looking rings and amulets?

I am taking some time off from performing because I am burn out, but my mind keeps thinking about the bizarre. I have the bunch of you misfits to blame for that. LOL …..Your influence is overpowering. So here I am taking a break from performing mentalism and magic and I NOW find myself putting together a séance!

Best
Ray
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You'd be surprised how many things you could find on the web by typing the right search information.
Figure out a part of the world, culture, time period, etc. that you want these items to come from or is of interest to you.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-10-04 18:22, motown wrote:
You'd be surprised how many things you could find on the web by typing the right search information.
Figure out a part of the world, culture, time period, etc. that you want these items to come from or is of interest to you.

You are RIGHT. I am doing this right now and there are some really cool looking items.

Ray
lozey
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
381 Posts

Profile of lozey
Would you mind asking him if he minds you passing on his details. Im looking to have a ring made for my birthday
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Good to hear Ray.

I'm sure you've found some wonderful things.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

The ring that I am really looking for was told to me by a friend a while back. We worked together for two years and on his last night of work, before he retired, we happen to work in the same bldg.

I was reading one of my books on mentalism and since we were there all night, I did some stuff for him. He laughed and finally told me that he had a strong mind and that no one could influence him. I took this as a challenge and didn’t say anything as I wrote a word on a post-t-note. I then wrote something else on another post-t-note. I crumple the first and asked him to catch it as I threw it to him. I did the Blue/red test and hit. I then ask him to think of a tool and its color, another hit! (I had my outs ready)

He really smiled as I said that I was someone who could influence someone’s mind. I was saying this as a joke but he took it for real and pulled his chair toward me. I started talking about Crowley just for the heck of it because I was setting him up to do something else, but instead he started telling me that I was the first one that he told this to. He told me that not many people really knew about Crowley and that he was impressed that I did. He then told me that he was a male witch and had been one for many years.

I played along and talked the talk the best that I could and then he asked me if I have ever seen a certain ring. He told me that he had been looking for years for this ring. He told me the name and what it was used for and then drew a picture of it. He said that the ring was held in high regard but only a few were made. I forgot the name of this ring and will have to contact him to find out (if I can). His drawing of the ring was very poor making it impossible to make a copy of this ring.

I have looked at the gothic stuff on Google and there are some really good looking rings, but I am after something with some meaning behind it.

Ray
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Ray,

Here's something that may be what you're looking for: a ring inspired by Crowley's personal Ahnk-f-n-Khonsu seal ring.
http://www.crowley666.co.uk

Enjoy,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
"I want to have a ring and Amulet made that really does look like what one would expect to see"

what would the context and/or character be? A medieval ceremonial magician might have something different than an egyptologist or rootworker. A Thelemite might use egyptian influences or some other ancient culture or use an A O Spare type sigil or stele.

That being said, I just ordered two of these http://www.luckymojo.com/eyeofbuddha.html
for a light seance and I think they look very magical (in fact ...they are!). A matching ring would be amazing, and perhaps some cthuloid script to dress them both up?
check out http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html if you haven't seen it yet too.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Ray:If you are looking for something that is a legitimate antiquity...I may be able to help.However,the price is of course relative.

An alternative is to have an artist create a reproduction of an ancient ring or amulet 'Utilizing real ancient molds'...I may be able to help here...depending on your desires.

The next alternative is to purchase mass produced reproductions.Some are very nice,however,they have no real esoteric connection to the ancient world,and usually look like...just modern stuff.I cannot help here.

Rich
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Fot those who do not already know, as well as owning England's only bricks and mortar bizarre magic shop, I also own three jewellery shops and can make ANYTHING in either gold or silver. It is not always cheap but art never is. The limitations being only time and budget. I do however have vast stocks of rings and everything else both secondhand (where the cost of manufacture has been borne by someone else) and new. There are many bargains to be had. I am also an official Alchemy stockist and carry their full range. Please feel free to get in touch if you need any help.
regards
Francis
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You're not specific enough...
Neil, the Crowley ring is amazing !
Otherwise: http://www.badalijewelry.com/cthulhu.htm
or one of my favorite (I have several of their rings - including the totem face) http://www.crazypigdesigns.com/welcomepage.html
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
In one week "Warlock" will make its rather dark debut. It is an amulet with Crowleys' OTO symbol on one side and something equally dark on the other.

Given to Cornelius Hobbs by Crowley himself when the two met in Egypt while on holiday the summer of 1904

It is carved from Ebony and works just like the Relic/Templar with inlaid silver.

(for all you Dark Lords out there)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
http://archive.liveauctioneers.com/archi......1_lg.jpg
http://heroesclub.us/DDmummyRing1.jpg

If you can find an antique Egyptian Scarab you can make a wonderful ring from it.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Neil, the Crowley's personal Ahnk-f-n-Khonsu seal ring is cool as heck! WOW

Also I realize that there are many directions to take in selecting a character.
I guess that I would better fit doing ceremonial magic. So in keeping with this theme I feel that I would also need a small altar and a Grimoire and/or a Book of Conjuration at the least. It would be cool if Outlaw could make a book to fit this bill.

A Grimoire is a text book on magic to call upon the demons and the like. A Book of Conjuration is like a diary written by the magician to note his work in the arts of black magic along with drawing and charts. Yes, it would really be cool to have something like this to refer to and create a few effects/routines from these books. Rick, this is a hint for you to put on your thinking cap! LOL

Thanks for posting guys, great information here.

Best
Ray
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ray,

You want to speak with Michael Fraughton ('fraughton') here at the Café. His work is top notch and he specializes in the most incredible hand made grimoires (among other things) that are self contained shows. The first one I purchased was about 14 (?) years ago and I've been using it ever since in my bizarre work and performances. Currently we are teaming up to work on a few different things and his catalogue of pieces now ranges from an absolutely exquisite Zodiac Chart for Chelman's incredible zodiac divination from Capricornian Tales, hand made/hand bound grimoires with special effects and full routines built in (a full evening show OR a gorgeous and convincing prop!), his Hand of Glory that WILL knock your socks off and numerous other specialty items (Spirit Bells, charts, dolls, etc).

Michael is a dear friend and one of my first mentors and I hold his work on the same level with some of the greatest bizarre creators and craftsmen in the world, hand's (of Glory) down!

-J

P.S. I fancy Enochian Rings and the traditional Seal of Solomon. You can find them online at various locations and at this (GREAT!) site here: http://www.enochian.org/

This guy does a lot of nice custom work according to specific standards, traditions and operations.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ico
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
109 Posts

Profile of ico
How about these little thingies - http://dooch.ru/?cat=5 ? I like the runic chicken wishbone ring and the Cthulhu medal.

Unfortunately you cant get those unless someone physically brings them for you from Moscow, and they cost less than $100 a piece, all hand made. I noticed the Cthulhu piece also at the Lovecraft society page, they can sell it to you for about $200.

Translation - http://translate.google.com/translate?pr......_state0=
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for Ring and Amulet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL