The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Who Will Stand With Me? (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44..57~58~59 [Next]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
"I know that one, so-and-so does it".

Good point, Hudson. Don't ya' just love it when you know you are gonna fry those people? Can't wait for your vid, am intrigued by how you describe it...

Regards,

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Hi all,

I'm still alive, though it it what we refer to as "pilot season" in TV right now, so I'm pretty slammed between now and the end of April. Sticking to just my standard fare when it comes to performing and not really working on new material at the moment. Plus I'm training for the Los Angeles Marathon, which I will run on March 17th with a friend from Seattle. If I make it the whole 26.2 miles, that alone will be the most magical thing I accomplish all year Smile

Hudson - looking forward to seeing your version of cylinder and coins! It's a great routine - Dean Dill showed me his version on Saturday that I believe he hopes to release soon. Always fun to see what people do with that plot!

Andrew
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
First time today I got 10 over the shoulder throws into a cascade in a row without dropping in between.

Next step in incorporating it into my practice routine.
I had to stop and make a new set of Bean cubes in the middle.

I'm working in a small (about 1") ring and ribbon routine as a break from the juggling. Not much usable progress there yet but laying a foundation for further work.

-Mary Mowder
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Wow great thread, so hear goes.

I'm working on the Coin Matrix
Practiceing for at least 30 minutes 5-7 times a week.
Aiming to be perfromance ready by the end of March.

I'll post a video in the near future.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Love the Matrix! One of my favorite routines. Looking forward to seeing your take on it!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Altmagic-

Welcome! Hope you can benefit from our group, and give us each a much-needed pep talk when we get into that awful rut of talking magic but not practicing it. Your plan sounds very doable. Good luck, and please let us know how you are doing!

Jim
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome to the group altmagic,

The first Magic contest I ever won was with a coin Matrix with a giant coin kicker!
Fond old memories.

I thought I found a new move in Ring and Ribbon till Vinny posted a ring and rope move that is mostly just the same (different in scale). Nurtz!
I'm still loving the move though. I'm on that and the juggling back and forth but I seem to have hit a plateau. Onward and just about the same. LOL

-Mary Mowder
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Thanks for the encouragement. In my eye executing the trick is only half of the battle. Is this an appropriate forum for also discussing performance of the routine?
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
As long as secrets are not discussed. If we know the subject well enough we can help but in most cases this is a place to check in (to keep us honest) and get encouragement. I have to admit I haven't done Matrix in 20 years. I do most of my Magic "off the table" now.

Jim (Mr. Mystoffelees) started a sister thread to this in "Secret Sessions" (Congratulations on your 51st post so you can now go there) for situations where secrets could be revealed.

It is called " Who Will Stand (in deep stuff) With Me?"

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=37

There are many who would help you there that are not in our practice group as well.

-Mary Mowder
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Well I think my Coin Matrix is comming along. I have posted a video Here for those of you that care to review it.

I'm trying it two diffeternt ways and I haven't deceided on a routine for it yet. Patter, Music any suggestions welcome.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

Andy-

First, I think you are doing very well! Add a compelling story line and your routine will swing.

I like the first version better, although you might want to consider slowing it down a bit. Some verbal at each reveal, especially that fits the patter would be good.

The only thing I noticed was a lack of casual at the steals. Nothing most specs would catch, and it will get smoother and smoother with continual practice.

You are making me want to bring this back and practice it...

Regards,

Jim

p.s. To music could be a great idea- the tune that comes to mind is "the stripper"...

Jim
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Jim:

Thanks for the advice. I will be keeping at it.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
I'm going to move this duiscussion to Who Will Stand (in deep stuff) With Me? In Secret Sessions to further open the discussion.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Wonderful thread.

Here we go:
1. Markus Koeppel
2. A small card routine consisting of
- 5 Red and 5 Black (A. Ascanio)
- The Power of Dreaming (A. Ascanio)
- Triumph (D. Vernon)
As per the original rules, it should be one trick only, but I hope that a routine qualifies as well.
I have finished scripting the single pieces and can perform them o.k. (but without the script, i.e. silent). Still needs lots of polishing.
3. 40 to 60 minutes / day
4. 5 times a week
5. End of April

I hope this generates a bit of peer pressure on me, as my practice sessions tend to lack focus otherwise.

Best,
markus
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Welcom Marcus and Andy! Your will find plenty of support and encouragement here. Welcome to the thread.
Hudson
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
3623 Posts

That sounds great, Markus- good luck with your practice! Don't get discouraged if you can't get in a full hour- just remember to get in the habit of regular- that I believe is the secret! Keep us posted, and WELCOME!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'm working on a little bit out of the Bertram book I mentioned several pages back. Something else to do with a grizzly bear. Uses the coin roll, which is one of my favorites, so glad to do something new with it, too. I'd like to get a routine built for the bears. There's another bit in the Bertram book I might use, as well, with the birds and bears. So I might end up with a set of 3 incorporated into a little routine, at least. Regular practice is key, I agree, Jim. Getting back to it, myself.
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Regular practice is not the real issue, at least for me. Already now I put in 5-10 hours a week. My problem ist the lack of focus: I have quite a few sleights and tricks, but they are all just half baked and not ready to be shown to anybody. So for me the key will be to stick with a single trick or routine and practice/rehearse until it is polished and I'm confident to perform it to others. So far I've always jumped to the next item, once I got through a trick without too much fumbling. Sometimes I think the real reason for this behaviour is, that it gives me an excuse not to perform. I can always claim that the trick is just not yet ready.

Best, markus
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I agree with your prognosis Dr. MKoeppel.

I also agree with your prescription. Focus.

Make sure that some of your practice is more than just the moves, that is to say go through the whole routine start to finish.

Laurie, ,Jim, 55 Hudson, and altmagic are brave enough to video tape whole effects.

While I'm not so brave (I'm working up to it. In another decade I'm sure I'll get there.) I think that is a great way to check your progress.

-Mary Mowder
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Mary you can always tape yourself and not show it to anyone. I find it extremely helpful. Of course if you don’t share you lose the benefit of our wouderful suggestions Smile
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Who Will Stand With Me? (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44..57~58~59 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL