The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sniper Pad from Al Straker & Outlaw Effects (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Just finished getting this page up and thought I would share it with everyone. Al has new product out called the Sniper Pad. Here is the ad copy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sniper Pad

Double camouflaged and ready to kill. Rumour is there’s a Sniper amongst us. No one can find him but sure enough he’s there. Secretly gathering information all the time... then he’ll go in for the kill. No mercy is ever shown, an Outlaw does not know any other way.

The Sniper Pad is an amazingly well camouflaged new design for a genuine real time close up impression pad. The Sniper masquerades as a common spiral bound notepad. Word around town is this pad truly is one of the most examinable and deceptively gaffed pads folks have ever seen! Just flip the pad open and hand it to anyone without fear. Hell, Al’s wife once unknowingly used a Sniper Pad as a shopping list pad for several weeks and the Sniper’s cover was never compromised! Due to the double camouflage cover featured in this design coupled with the specific properties of a spiral bound pad, the Sniper Pad allows for a super slick and clean presentation for a simple drawing duplication exactly as if you were a real psychic. So easy and natural are the actions with the Sniper Pad! As you will discover it has a number of distinct advantages in comparison with other previous designs. It is also quick to reset and the gimmick is re-useable unlimited times. The Sniper Pad’s unique design principle can also be applied to any commonly available spiral bound notepad and the Sniper Package includes an additional spare ultra-thin Sniper gimmick.

The Sniper Pad gives a reliable impression EVERY time without fail, and provides a highly deceptive solution to performing a real time drawing duplication. It’s also easy to use, if you can close a notepad you can use the Sniper Pad! The Sniper Pad’s new type of design gives you a perfectly covered real time peek in performance with NO un-natural, fiddly moves or unnecessary opening and closing at any stage. Close the pad, you got your peek, it’s that simple! Plus at the moment you peek, you have a genuine natural motivation to be looking at the pad.
Often, so called ‘real time’ impression devices are let down badly by a 'fiddly' method of accessing the peek. The thing that sets the Sniper apart is that it has a different kind of specially designed cover that allows for an ultra clean way to get your real time peek in the simple action of closing the pad.

The Sniper Pad is also one of the most examinable pads ever produced, it doesn't even have a suspiciously thick cover. In fact it is gimmicked with a very thin material. Masquerading as a common spiral bound notepad, the Sniper so well camouflaged no one know he is there even at close proximity.
The Sniper Pad’s brand new construction design means it really is simple and natural to use. Sniper Pad is the ultimate stealth weapon!

* Sniper Pad Pack includes:
* Sniper Pad ready to use
* Gimmicked Artline freezer bag marker pen
* Reset tool
* Spare ultra thin Sniper gimmick
* Detailed instructions on how to work with your Sniper Pad
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......pad.html

Al has been kind enough to send one my way, I will post my thoughts on it when it arrives. After talking to him it sounds ingenious. I have never been one to use impression pads, but this may win me over. I'll keep you posted.

Luke
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
I am SOOOO in its not funny! Made for the Aussie mentalist, with Spirax motepads swarming around all over this place, this is a no-brainer

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
So far the best pad I have seen IMO is the SOM. I have tried most of the others and they all seem to be missing something.

Hopefully this is what I'm after.

(I have high hopes after the PM I recieved from Luke)

M
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
All I PM'ed to Matt was that I spoke to Al today, and that the Sniper Pad seems to alleviate some of the un-naturalness I felt using other pads. I will post more when I receive mine and trial it.

And yes Kam I agree - the Spirax notebooks are a massive plus for us Aussies! My work distributes them for our staff to use day in day out, so I am going to have a lot of fun with this as soon as it arrives. Straight into action.

Luke
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Why does this sound like it's using the same method as Bob Smith's Universal Impressions except with a design tweak to hide the gimmick?
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Have a look on the outlaw site to see how the peek looks.

It seems to be different from the first impressions pad.

M
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I wish they'd release a version with a less attention-getting cover. One that's a solid color, or that looks like the kind of notepads most people here in America use. It just draws a little too much attention for me.

Other than that it sounds perfect!!!
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Is this the same pad mentioned here? If so, is the entire "Your Lucky Card" package still coming out, or has this replaced it?
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Sooooooo....

what element of the design is unique from all the other pads out there?
is this more suitable with drawings rather than writing?
by that, I mean can someone easily write a full name and a doodle on the same sheet of paper (as an example)
will I have to be careful bringing this pad near certain "devices" I may well wear...

I'm trying not to tip/nudge anything here - and I only ask as I'm a big fan of imp pads, and in all honesty - it'll take a massive push to make me give up all the lovely john riggs stuff I use...

if you cant reply out in the open, please PM (or PW and hand me your envelope)...
I've asked to be banned
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 16:31, IAIN wrote:

it'll take a massive push to make me give up all the lovely john riggs stuff I use...

I was about to ask how they compare to Rigg's work...would preffer a pm
xxx
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
You know if you Aussie guys want an Aussie pad, all you have to do is send Dad one and he'd gimmick it for you. He does this for UK guys all the time. It's just as easy to put a gimmick in any pad as it is to put one in an American Pad.

FYM
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 16:31, IAIN wrote:
Sooooooo....

what element of the design is unique from all the other pads out there?
is this more suitable with drawings rather than writing?
by that, I mean can someone easily write a full name and a doodle on the same sheet of paper (as an example)
will I have to be careful bringing this pad near certain "devices" I may well wear...

I'm trying not to tip/nudge anything here - and I only ask as I'm a big fan of imp pads, and in all honesty - it'll take a massive push to make me give up all the lovely john riggs stuff I use...

if you cant reply out in the open, please PM (or PW and hand me your envelope)...

I also have "heavenly" invested in Riggs stuff. Dollars and sheer respect. Smile

j
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Agreed john...agreed...
I've asked to be banned
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of siepielski
John Riggs is the best for professional work.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
A little info:

1. It's nice because it's a normal spiral bound pad, nothing odd about it.

2. Getting the peek is done real time right in front of the spec while doing something completely normal.

3. Getting the peek does not involve any sneak look or move that you don't want the spec to notice.

4. Can be used for DD or writing.

5. Any other questions on this thread and I'm sure the brilliant, and very handsome Al Straker will be happy to address.

I like to refer to Al as the Hugh Jackman of Mentalism (another aussie)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I'm sure neither IAIN or myself wanted to high jack this thread and make it about JR stuff, so my apologies for that.

This is a thread about the sniper pad, so lets hear it!

J
xxx
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I must also say that Riggs's IMP are top notch and most reliable. Still, it will be interesting to see the reviews on this.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I suppose my other question is, does it work with normal sized handwriting - by that I mean do I have to ask them to write nice and big for whatever reason?

ooooh its so hard to ask without giving anything away...

is there anything attractive about the markers?
I've asked to be banned
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I was also going to ask about the markers, Can you get them from a spacific store or do you have to order them? I understand if you can't answear that.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On 2009-10-06 13:08, Quinn wrote:
Is this the same pad mentioned here? If so, is the entire "Your Lucky Card" package still coming out, or has this replaced it?

Hi all and thanks for all the PM's and feedback, I am on the road at the moment between gigs and will give more detailed answers to the questions later today.

Firstly this is NOT the same as Robert Smith's UI. I love Roberts work and we have discussed the differences in our methods and respect each other's work greatly. Do a search and you will see.

Secondly yes this the release of the same pad as mentioned in 'Your Lucky Card'. The main difference is YLC was designed as a 'DIY' suite of 4 different impression devices one of which was the pad. People kept asking for ready to use pads so I decided to release Sniper as a stand alone, ready to use item.

Thirdly, the package comes with a spare gimmick for those who wish to customise Sniper with a more 'local' notepad.

That's all for now but promise I will pop in later today.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sniper Pad from Al Straker & Outlaw Effects (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL