The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum book...looking for a good recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I understand the basics. What Im looking for are fuller routines and deeper thinking on the subject.

thanks
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Richard webster; george anderson; ford kross, paolo cavalli

all have good routines with a pendulum

and iam sure I forgot someone
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'm just going to amen what psidroid has said.

I'll also add that Richard Webster has a nice pendulum DVD if you can find it.
Docc Hillford also has a very bold pendulum routine (that uses some of mr. webster's thinking) on his first Monster Mentalism DVD.

another suggestion I might make is just to start using your pendulum in whatever routine you might be doing. and especially exploring what you can do when you just give the pendulum to the spectator with not much more than some strong suggestion.

good luck

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Someone is selling one of Webster's books down in the Books & Lecture Notes section of "Let's Make a Magic Deal" forum. Check it out.
Dick Christian
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Also Doc Hilford's Monster Mentalism series has a great and extended pendulum routine.

Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 00:32, Al Straker wrote:
Also Doc Hilford's Monster Mentalism series has a great and extended pendulum routine.

Al

isn't that what dmoses wrote above??
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Dr Bob has many pendulum routines, all are wonderful
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks everyone
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Vernon,

A three-part article about the pendulum — its history and use in magic and otherwise — titled “The Pendulum Swings” by my friend Dr. Bill Spooner appeared in the February, March and April 2009 issues of The Linking Ring. The article is heavily footnoted with various sources identified. Here is a list of sources of information in addition to those cited by Dr. Spooner which I culled from my personal library:

1) “Pendulum Power for the Psychic Entertainer." Richard Webster, Brookfield Press, Auckland, New Zealand, 1990 (69 pp., softcover, 1990 -- includes bibliography with 23 references). This is the book that is for sale in the “Books and Lecture Notes” section of the “Lets Make a Magic Deal” forum here on the Café

2) "The Art of Dowsing." Richard Webster, Castle Books, 2001 (Chapter 5 is 14 pp. devoted to "The Amazing Pendulum")

3) "Ancient Secrets of the Witches' Pendulum" (undated 12 pp. manuscript "Prepared by the Scribes R. and D. of the Darkfire Coven")

4) "The Dowsing Book and Kit." Walter Woods, Publishers Group West, 2004 (includes 10 pp. Chapter on Pendulum Dowsing)

5) "John Mulholland's Book of Magic." John Mulholland, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1963 (includes several effects with a pendulum)

6) "Kreskin's E.S.P. Booklet: Advanced Fine Edition" which accompanied Kreskin's ESP Test Kit, Milton Bradley, 1967 (32 pp. saddlestitched 5" x 7" booklet, probably the same as pictured in the first installment of the Spooner, but has a different cover design)

7) "Pocket Pendulum" Kit. Maxi Cohen, Andrews McMeel Publishing, 2007 (3 1/4" x 3" x 1 1/4" boxed kit with metal pendulum on a chain, 4 full color fold out cards, 32 pp. instructional booklet) found on check-out display at Borders Books

Hope this helps.
Dick Christian
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Thanks for all the fie recommendations

I think the Webster book post is mine cause Im looking for it. Unless there's another one.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
...and lets not forget Banachek's pendulum work in Psychophysiological thought reading...
xxx
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Banachek book I own. Great material and a good starting point
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Im considering the Webster book, Pendulum Power...This is first on my list
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
... and if you're looking for a cool pendulum check out mentalcraft. rich has some crazy cool stuff there.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Vernon,

You're right. My error. When I saw the note on "Let's Make a Magic Deal" I thought it was a copy for sale and overlooked the "WTB" so was a little too quick to post my note. Sorry.
Dick Christian
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Bob Cassidy's PENDULUM OF FATE has some marvelous stuff. It's available from Lybrary.com as an instant download.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Thanks Jheff,

Could anyone be more specific about the material in Bob's ebook? I know he is a brilliant guy, but a little more info would be helpful. I was specifically wondering about the ratio of ideomotor response explanation to routine material and ideas. I too would be interested in additional routining ideas and thoughts (and less informational and explanation text).

For interested parties, here is the link:
http://www.lybrary.com/pendulum-fate-p-583.html

With Regards,

Sean
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
The ingenious Mr Cassidy also has The Elementulum in Psi Apps which I don't know but has been tempting me for some time. Anyone know this?

http://www.lybrary.com/psi-apps-p-965.ht......rs_id=41

s
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Best one - no doubt in my mind -- Poe's "The Pit and the Pendulum." Or is that not the style of routine you had in mind?

The recommendations above are great -- but stage visibility is limited. I believe (but I am not sure) that I have a Jon Riggs pendulum in a bottle routine around. Protect the pendulum from outside forces and watch it swing.....
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of siepielski
Richard Webster's book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum book...looking for a good recommendation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL