The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum book...looking for a good recommendation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Quote:
On 2009-10-07 10:27, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Im considering the Webster book, Pendulum Power...This is first on my list

Get it. It is wonderful. Enough stuff to keep you busy for life. Hypnotic inductions using pendulums, cool routines, and other useful bits.
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
I am also intrested in these pendulum books.
I have never read anything by Richard Webster, is it written through the perspective of a skeptic or a psychic/etc.?

Thanks in advance
julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of julieannjohnson
Joe Black asked whether Richard Webster's "Pendulum Power" is "written through the perspective of a skeptic or a psychic".

Richard Webster has written many books for shut-eyes. They are all published by Llewellyn. "Pendulum Power" is not one of those; it is self-published by his own Brookfield Press. It is written from the standpoint of a professional psychic reader, mentalist, and stage magician -- however Richard is far too polite and decent a person, and too efficient an author, to waste the book buyer's time by pitting skepticism versus psychicism.

The book is about efects, techniques, patter, and useful routines. Your belief system, no matter what it is, is not going to be scrutinized, held up to ridicule, or even mentioned in the pages of "Pendulum Power."

Just to give a plug to a good dealer; you can buy "Pendulum Power" from Joe Pons at Misdirections Magic Shop -- misdirections.com -- and, I will add, it is a very good book and well worth having.

If you get into pendulums and do private parties or psychic workshops, you may also wish to check out this thread for ways to sell the pendulums as B.O.R. material:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=192
julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

For Joeblack -- here is a fuller description of Webster's book, as presented on the web sites of several dealers who carry it:

----------------------------------------------
Pendulum Power for the Psychic Entertainer
by Richard Webster

69 pages of effects and routines using the much
under-utilised pendulum. Included are two complete
routines using no trickery whatsoever; a chapter
containing 7 impromptu effects that can be done
without trickery; a routine that can be used in
a lecture/demonstration that has everyone taking
your advertising material home with them; plus
11 effects by Richard Webster; a bonus effect by
Paul Marcus; and a chapter explaining how to
hypnotize with a pendulum in a close-up situation.

“Another ‘must-have’ book for every mentalist.”
- Bascom Jones, Magick

“Excellent. Very useful material.” - Ormond McGill

“Get this book – you won’t be sorry.” - Brother
Shadow, Vibrations
----------------------------------------------

Hope this helps!
JoeBlack
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of JoeBlack
First of all thanks mate, those replies helped me allot.

I got mistaken and thought this was the book people were talking about - http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/978......eginners

I now see it's another book, so that's why I was confused.
julieannjohnson
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Yes, Richard Webster's "Pendulum Magic for Beginners: Power to Achieve All Goals" is indeed "another book." Note that the publisher is Llewellyn, as I mentioned in my post above.

"Pendulum Magic" is a book I carry for sales, along with pendulums. It's not as low-priced as an old-school pitch-book, but it practically sells itself.

Richard's toast is buttered on both sides; Brookfield on one side and and Llewellyn on the other.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I highly recommend Stuart Cumberland's Pendulum Power Presentation. It is strong stuff, and there are a couple of very valuable lessons in there on the subject of using the pendulum for a personal reading.

I don't know if Stuart markets this, but this was something he tipped on The Mentalist Sanctum message board. I think you must be a member to have access to it.
Self concept is destiny..
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Finally took the plunge this morning and ordered Pendulum Power Smile
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
The ingenious Mr Cassidy also has The Elementulum in Psi Apps which I don't know but has been tempting me for some time. Anyone know this?

http://www.lybrary.com/psi-apps-p-965.ht......rs_id=41

s
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Could they have written a more vague description of The Elementulum????? For a $25 download they should really give the buyer more info
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
One other that I overlooked when I posted a list of source material earlier on this thread and that no one has mentioned is George B. Anderson's "The Magic Pendulum." I believe it is still available from Magic, Inc. in Chicago. It contains a variety of different effects.

You will also find various books on pendulums, pendulums themselves and pendulum charts or boards in the new age section of most major bookstores (Borders, Waldon, Barnes & Noble, etc.) and at new age shops.
Dick Christian
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
395 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Quote:
On 2009-11-19 05:51, StuartNolan wrote:
The ingenious Mr Cassidy also has The Elementulum in Psi Apps which I don't know but has been tempting me for some time. Anyone know this?

It's a clever little pendulum routine using Viking Magic's Transmental Gemsation which sells for about $50, I believe. Basically, four objects are placed in four separate bags and mixed. A random colored rod is chosen and hidden in the tube, but not revealed. It is used like a pendulum to find the object that it corresponds to. Obviously, I'm leaving a lot of the presentation out, but I think that will provide enough info about the routine.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind THE LAZY MENTALIST'S CARD TRICK is now available!!
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
Thanks Jheff, that's very helpful of you. Sounds like a nice routine but I'm not sure that Transmental Gemsation suits me as a prop.

Cheers

Stuart
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Taliesin
View Profile
New user
Virginia
52 Posts

Profile of Taliesin
This is a great topic. I just got the Amazing Kreskin's Friar's Club video with the included pendulum, and was wondering what to do with it!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The Cassidy routine does sound interesting. Really shows what can be done when thinking outside the box
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Pendulum book...looking for a good recommendation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL