The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Warlock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1399 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Very much looking forward to it...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Outlaw's products are always top notch and quite unique, but I (and I believe, a few others) wish Roth would hold up on the new releases until he delivers the items that people paid for SIX MONTHS AGO and are still awaiting delivery even after being told back in July that it would be delivered "shortly."

How about it Rick?
Dick Christian
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1399 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I feel you, Dick.

That does not read right.

(shrugs)

I do feel like Rick has bitten more than he can chew at times, but in my experience, my patience has usually paid off.

I know it has to be hard having some of the best products in the game...

not outsourcing, so everyone everyone has to purchases from you.

The positives and negatives are there.

Negatives being having to wait a bit longer. Having to have patience.

Positives being, it is not available to everyone that walks into a magic shop, unique and amazing quality and products.

I know it is hard.

Especially those of us that do this for a living.

But it'll work out.

one way or the other...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1399 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Of course I am not speaking for the man...

Just stating an opinion.

Despite what some may think, I am not such a member of the outlaw mob.

I just tell you what I think.

I am waiting on products also...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6994 Posts

Profile of bowers
I just purchased the Warlock
And was wondering does it come
with a chain that can be worn
like the Relic or Templer?Or is
it just a chain like for a pendulum.
Todd
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6994 Posts

Profile of bowers
No one has this that knows.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6994 Posts

Profile of bowers
Received it today very beautiful indeed.
Thanks Rick
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2496 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Sooooo.... this took a month and seven days?!
Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6994 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes it did Sponge.But I ordered Relic and
it only took about a week.It must have not been in stock.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Waiting 14 months for items from Outlaw. Pretty sure I'll never receive them and am out $450.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2016, mcharisse wrote:
Waiting 14 months for items from Outlaw. Pretty sure I'll never receive them and am out $450.

14 months??? I'd be requesting my money back to spend on something else!!!!!!!!!!!
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Of course! At the end, I would have settled for just about anything. But despite promises, deadlines etc nothing.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6994 Posts

Profile of bowers
What response to you get when you have contacted them?
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Either more promises that it will be soon or simply ignored. I made boxes and slates for outlaw until recently, but grew tired if this game, as well as the emails from people who ordered props I make, but I had never received notification or payment from Outlaw. I am now associated with Gemini, and should have left OE months ago but kept hoping I might actually receive the props I paid for. Finally though I decided I was through listening to empty promises -- when I could get Rick to respond. (Usually when he wanted something .)
I never intended to go public here but it seems that just enables bad behavior and I guess I'm not as over it as I like to think.
Marc
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18686 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Someone needs to take him to court, when people write the money off, you are enabling him to carry on doing it to others..this has been going on for years unfortunately...

Give a newbie a glimpse behind the curtain and a discount
Just give it a mention on the forum as a favour, I'll take care of you
Pump pump pump the pre-order handle
Harvest the money
Then pay people to make the items
Zero cost to the owner
All the stress and pressure on the builder and purchaser
Wait it out knowing that most will give up
Discount bunnies hop on and cheer
Behind the scenes bullying and naysayers
Rinse and repeat

Zero tolerance. Sounds harsh, but the more people who write it off and keep quiet, you are also partly to blame for when it happens to the next newb. Sorry to say it, but it needs saying.

I've tried to help over the years, even made a small difference a few years back, but not even a dent.

Don't believe the hype. The excuses. Go to your credit card companies, it wont hurt. Get together and speak with PayPal, it wont hurt.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I agree Iain, which is finally why I posted here. I'll also file with PayPal, though the deadline is way passed, I'm certain. But thanks for posting as well. It's it so much the money as the sense of unfairness that he continues to get away with this. Perhaps we were able to warn a few folks new to our forums.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18686 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Good...even if they can't do anything, the more who do it, the more it might stick with those companies and they may reconsider, or offer some kind of solution...

too many people have kept quiet - and I eventually stopped trying to talk them round because...well, there was nothing that I could do about them choosing not to bring it to other people's attention...i'm glad you and others are speaking up now though...good on ya...
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You have support mcharisse. Please have your say below as it's about time we get to the root. Roth has made an appearance below as we discuss this very issue. Please read from the top of the thread first so you have context.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#24

We need to encourage other creators (spooky and others please reach out to them) to support our efforts and let ours customers know that we will not tolerate this type of business behavior in our cottage industry anymore.

Please try to keep it civil so the posts do not get deleted, that will not serve us.

Good luck.
Gandalf the Wizard
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Gandalf the Wizard
Hi, I have waiting 30 months (two and a half years) for Stage. I sent Rick $640, which for me represents a lot of money and effort. Rick took my money and never sent me the order. I have sent many emails and only get false promises from Rick, in these months no longer answer my emails, I have asked to refund my money or change my order by another effect he has in stock, but do not get any response. Gandalf
Gandalf the Wizard
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Gandalf the Wizard
To be fair to the development of the event, I must tell that I could to talk to Rick and we have agreed on several magic effects that he will send me to solve my problem.
It is my wish that this situation does not happen again, not only for me but for all that somehow entrust our money to the creators to obtain the effects that are necessary for our shows, I'm sure that with a good customer service Owtlaw Effects would gain a lot, if everyone gets his share, we'd all be happy. Thanks all!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Warlock (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL